What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-11-2007 (1 Viewer)

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I ordered the Fly Collection from Amazon but forgot about Tom and Jerry and the Addams family were coming out this week, will pick them up at a later date. I'll pick The Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection Volume 2 up from Amazon like I did with volume 1, as long as BB only has a limited time exclusiveness on it like before.

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
FYI... At least according to the ad in my area, Pale Rider, not TOJW, is $4.99 at CC this week. Shame cause I went to CC hoping to finally add that one to my collection. Oh, well.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Mark: I was hoping Jack was going to weigh in with some of that info. But I guess not.

I can tell you that Witchfinder General is listed @ Amazon for $9.99 and at least one of the two-fers (Tales from the Crypt/Vault of Horror) is listed on amazon for $11.19.

[EDIT**: Each of those titles is also listed for $12.99 apiece @ BOTH bb.com AND cc.com.]

Hope that helps. I'm sure you can extrapolate those prices over the rest of the titles at the three retailers. Short answer: It looks like no BB exclusivity.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I think the reason for the price difference is that I don't think the bonus DVD that is included in the store version, will be available for online orders. But I guess BB will be still charging $19.99 if they run out of the bonus DVDs.

Carl Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Men Men Men Men Manly Men Men Men

Men Men Men Men Manly Men ooo ah ooo ah ooo ah ooo

Two and a Half Men for me :)

Dustin James

Stunt Coordinator
My local Best Buy brick'n'mortar store had The Graduate with the bonus Simon & Garfunkel Concert in Central Park DVD for $14.99 even though our local print ad also said $19.99.

BTW, the second disc included (third if you are counting the Central Park DVD) is a CD soundtrack sampler -- it only includes 4 tracks: The Sound of Silence; Mrs. Robinson; Scarbourough Fair/Canticle; April Come She Will.

The soundtrack sampler is not exclusive to Best Buy (but the packaging does note that the CD is "While supplies last. Specially marked packages only.").

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone seen the price on the BB Ultimate Sci-Fi Collection yet?
Will pick up The Fly Collection at some point, but not sure if it will be this week.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I went to BB, CC, FYE and Sam's Club today and NOBODY had this or the Vincent Price collection in stock. What's up with that?? It seems like there are a lot of key genre releases this week and for whatever reason, the b&m's do not appear to be carrying them. Very strange IMO...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Thanks, Dustin. That was also being reported in The Graduate thread over in Software...but I (above anyone) should have known to check here FIRST for confirmation!

I was in a local Wal-Mart tonight and they were asking $19.99 for The Graduate (film only + the 4-song CD). :thumbsdown: Usually my local store price adjusts based on flyer prices. I guess they opted not to this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks