No joy at all in the Phoenix metro area:

b961f51d_Capture.jpeg

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I found a digibook online at the nearby BB....now to see if they actually have it in stock.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Out and about today -- 3 stores had the digibook in stock (4,5, and 5) though none of them had them on the shelves, 1 did not. I dd have to ask the clerks to check the storeroom to get my copies. I'm not sure if they just haven't unpacked them from last night/morning shipments or they're saving them for the Hunger Games rollout tomorrow.
Pat, if you're around shoot me a PM if you still need a copy since I got one for me and a couple extras for a couple forum folks.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Is there any special content in the BB exclusive version, or is it simply the same disks in digibook packaging? What's in the "book" part of the digibook?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
Is there any special content in the BB exclusive version, or is it simply the same disks in digibook packaging?
Same discs but in the digibook.
What's in the "book" part of the digibook?
The usual thing you see in digibooks. Some behind the scenes pictures and brief quotes about making the movie. Nothing amazing but fun if you're a big fan.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For any forum regulars who want the Digibook and can't get it at your local stores, send me a PM and I have a couple extras you can have for cost and shipping.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
BB had my online purchase of Jaws digibook waiting for me at customer service. I was expecting them to have the non-digibook version, but it was the right one.There were no copies on the shelf of either edition of the blu-ray, but they did have the DVD.
They also had Royal Tenenbaums for $19.99, which is $8 cheaper than Amazon, so I picked it up.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm a little ticked off at Amazon. This is the first time I can remember pre-ordering a new release (I have Prime Shipping) and NOT getting it on release date.

So, I just "chatted" with amazon customer support who informed me that "release date delivery" isn't in play on every item:

You are now connected to Hari from Amazon.com.

Me:Hello.

Hari:Hi, Mike.

This is Hari from Amazon.com chat support.

How may I help you?

Me:I'm just inquiring about this order.

I thought Prime shipping meant delivery of new Blu-ray releases so that they are received on release date?

Most of my orders usually arrive on release date.

Hari:Are you referring to order #103-4xxxxxx-xxxxxxx?

Me:Yes.

Hari:We only offer the Release-Date Delivery option after we've confirmed available inventory with our suppliers and are certain we can meet our delivery promise to you.

Me:This is one of the biggest home video releases of the year. I'd have a hard time believing anyone would be short of inventory on this title.

Hari:Unfortunately; it appears that you placed your order before the Release-Date Delivery option was available and it won't automatically upgrade to Release-Date Delivery.

Me:So did Amazon not apply Release-Date Delivery to this title?

Hari:Yes, Mike.

When you placing the order on our website you need to select the Release-Date Delivery option manually.

If you enter an eligible shipping address during checkout when placing your new order, the Release-Date Delivery shipping option will appear among your shipping choices.

Me:I have never known this before. I just try to order ahead of time and, like I said, the title usually arrives on release date.

But you said I ordered "too early" for that option? I don't think I ordered it all that far ahead of time.

Hari:I'm sorry, if this information was unclear to you when you placed this order.

You can find the full terms and conditions along with additional information on our Help pages here:

http://www.amazon.com/help/releasedatedelivery

Me:Well. It's extremely disappointing. The tracking info says it won't be delivered until Monday and that screws up my weekend plans. I could have gone in any local store and gotten my copy today.

I will be sure to check out the info at that link.

Hari:I see that the estimated delivery date is August 20. I can confirm that you will receive your order by the estimated delivery date provided to you when you placed this order.

Me:Thank you for your help. I will certainly be sure to look for this from here on in. As I said, my weekend plans to have a viewing of the film are screwed up and I'll now be certain of delivery dates for new releases. This is a first for me.

Thanks for your time today.

Hari:You're welcome, Mike.

I'll be sure to pass your feedback along as well.

Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me:Nope. That's all I was wondering about. Again...thanks.

I guess I got schooled. I would have gone to Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy or just about any retailer and been able to get a copy this morning. This is stupid.

EDIT: I am referring to The Hunger Games...which I was expecting would be delivered to me today. Not Monday.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Incredible.

I don't have Prime, but I pre-ordered it back when it was announced, and when it hadn't yet shipped by Tuesday evening (release date), I finally had to enlist their help in cancelling the damned thing because I bought the (last) digibook at BB.

Like you said, one of the biggest releases of the year, and there's more bungling and/or confusion at just about every level of every retail outlet, both online and brick & mortar, than you can shake a stick at.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Whoops. I didn't make it clear. I had pre-ordered The Hunger Games and was expecting it to be delivered today.

Not Jaws. That's why I really don't get this. At all.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I went to the local Target this morning at around 10 AM expecting only one slot in their new release rack to have the Target exclusive 3-disc Blu-Ray release, but to my (pleasant) surprise they had an entire display of "Hunger Games" product, with at least a couple rows devoted to the Target exclusive Blu-Ray. I had to be out early any way for some other shopping, but it was nice to know there still would have been copies available if I hadn't gotten out until later in the day.
Since I had to stop by the mall with Best Buy anyway for other shopping, I stopped in and looked to see if they'd gotten any more of the digibook Jaws in. No dice. Plenty of copies of the regular Blu-Ray release, only one empty slot for the digibook. If they had had a copy, the collector of in-demand things in me would have had to buy it. As it is, I'll be content to wait for the sales prices in coming weeks on the regular release.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Mike I thi k that's bs.
If you have prime the 2 day shipping is normally the default selection. I never saw a receive on street date option.
Is there one there?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
What's the restock fee for unopened movies? It might be worth it to run out to Target or Best Buy and just refuse to accept the shipment when it arrives.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I don't think there is one.
Anyway thisis what see when I order.
a9c0b7a1ff8879d341b52138ed1986fd.jpg

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mike, I'm not rubbing it in, but mine arrived today. I ordered it on Thursday morning (I think) and it listed the estimated delivery as today. It mentioned something about it being release day, but I didn't have to make any special selection. I'm also a Prime member.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Adam Lenhardt said:
What's the restock fee for unopened movies? It might be worth it to run out to Target or Best Buy and just refuse to accept the shipment when it arrives.
It probably wouldn't be an issue with Amazon. They make returns really easy especially if it is their error and I think Mike could make a strong case for it considering others got theirs just fine and the csr seems to have given him some misinformation.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
You shood contact them again.
I also have three of the Disney releases for next week that have not gone into shipping mode.
Normally they do on Friday or Saturday at the latest.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
If you accept the package (maybe if you open it) and return it then I think you pay return shipping. I think if you just refuse the package then
it returns to them at their cost.
digibook Jaws in. No dice. Plenty of copies of the regular Blu-Ray release, only one empty slot for the digibook. If they had had a copy, the collector of in-demand things in me would have had to buy it.
If you really would rather have the exclusive send me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsystems82
Recent bookmarks