What's new

Weekly Roundup 6/3 (1 Viewer)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I am for sure getting Animatrix. Probably without the soundtrack. I don't really care about having another snapper.

I am also thinking about getting Die Another Day. That offer at Best Buy for it is insane (or really good for you old folks out there ;)). Plus you can't go wrong with Halle Berry and a bonus Bond Girls DVD!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
To those who might pick up the T2 Extreme Edition DVD on Tuesday, be very careful when you pull the Amaray case out of the metal slip cover. I got mine this morning and ripped the spine to shreds trying to take it out of the metal case. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Absolutley the worst packaging I've ever encountered with a DVD. Piss on Artisan.:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Otherwise I'm set for this week. Picked up as I said T2($22) & South Park Season 2($35) this morning. And I've had "Animatrix & Die Another Day" since last week. :D :D :D

Thanks as always Dave. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Joe

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
If someone picks up Die Another Day at Best Buy, please post whether the bonus DVD is any good!

Thanks as always, Dave!

Dave Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to say thanks to Dave for the roundup. I read it every week, and I can only guess at the amount of work it must involve!

Blackhawk Down SE and Fame for sure this week, and I'm also tempted by Animatrix, Die Another Day and T2:EE. And next week there's The Right Stuff SE and Once Upon a Time in America! Overload!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Have really pared back my DVD purchases over the last several weeks. But I'll be heading to BestBuy for Die Another Day! Besides the great price of $14.99, and the Bond Girl bonus DVD, there's also supposed to be a BB coupon booklet "worth $100 in savings"!

And you guys KNOW how I feel about BestBuy coupons! ;)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
If someone picks up Die Another Day at Best Buy, please post whether the bonus DVD is any good!
While I haven't seen the DVD, the Bond Girls Are Forever documentary has aired on television before. It's about 45 minutes long, written/produced/hosted by Maryam d'Abo (The Living Daylights.) She interviews quite a few of the former Bond Girls, from Ursula Andress to Halle Berry. A lot of it's quite good, although I didn't care for Maud Adams' attitude. Carey Lowell is the best interview, imho.

Definitely worth more than it's freebie status if you're into Bond. For a not-so-complete cast list, click here.

I'll be picking this one up, along with The Animatrix and DS9: Season 3. Many thanks, Dave, for the hard work!! :)

TonyE

Stunt Coordinator
Just want to say thanks alot man, you don't know how wonderful what you do is. I "run" to this thread every Sunday!

This week:
Animatrix @ BB
T2: Extreme @ Target
..those Bond girls look enticing too! :)

JamesY

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks again Dave, I've been waiting for this week!:D

Animatrix and Black Hawk Down @ B&M's for sure, but

T2 and my guilty pleasure Sneakers: CE for only $9.35 online at DeepDiscountDVD!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
APPLAUSE

Dave, you've outdone yourself this time! Thanks for all the effort, man! You make my DVD shopping a lot more efficient!

For me this week: The Animatrix, Sneakers, Midnight Run and The Spirit of '76. Too bad about Miracle Mile. :angry:

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Does anyone know if Circuit City will honor Best Buy's cupons? I've got a cupon for $5 off The Animatrix, and I'd really like to get it along with the mousepad.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Don, they might honor that if you present it as part of the "price match" guarantee. Give it a try, anyway.

TerryS

Agent
Can anyone give a summary of what coupons are included in the BB deal? Is it usually videos/games or does it include appliances, etc? Thanks.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
How is Best Buy's bonus Bond Girls disc packaged? Is it in the case with Die Another Day (slim double keep case) ? Or what...?

And does anyone by any chance know what Walmart's price is on Die Another Day?

AND...why the hell is there a fool-screen version of this disc!?! Doesn't this make it the only one of twenty Bond films to be released this way? I hope this doesn't mean they will be re-issuing the other films cropped...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

That will vary from store to store.

I thought it was a bit odd that the new Kmart flyer had no mention of DAD at all (at least the one sent to our region).

ChrisConklin

Stunt Coordinator
For me this week, Bond, Black Hawk Down and maybe T2:EE, remember to check out the thread about getting BHD for $16 after signing up w/ http://my.sony.com. Also if anyone can post what they see listed at wal-mart just for comparison since target and wal-mart here are on the complete different sides of town.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Thanks (As Always!~) David!

This week: (All purchases will be made at Best Buy

- Die Another Day ($14.99 pricematch from Target)

- T2 Extreme ($14.99 pricematch from Target)

- South Park: Season 2 ($29.99 pricematch from Target)

- Black Hawk Down SE: $17.40 Shipped - thanks to MySony

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
IMPORTANT NEWS FOR PEOPLE WANTING BEST BUY'S "SOUTH PARK SEASON 2" BONUS DISC!

I was told by an employee that they only got in 15 sets with the bonus disc. This is apparently in short supply at all locations!

Get there early, get a friend to get a copy for you, or get them to hold a copy. If this is true, then it will sell out quickly.

Personally, I hope the dude miscounted or missed a box. This is going to be a disaster otherwise! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks