What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– The Ten Commandments – 1956
full

– The Greatest Show on Earth – 1952
full

– Wonder Woman 1984 – 2020
full

– Our Friend – 2019
full

– The Day of the Beast – 1995
full

– Secrets and Lies – 1996

The Prices...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And JUST LIKE THAT…we are at the end of the first quarter of 2021. Where does the time go?!? :D

But what a way to end the quarter: one of the all-time classic films graduating to 4k/UHD treatment…and an Oscar Best Picture winner making its first step onto high-definition disc…and Gal Gadot! We’ve also got some recent lesser-seen titles getting released to disc…along with new releases from Criterion, Kino and Warner Archive. Severin steps up with some 4k releases and there’s even a new David Attenborough/BBC Nature documentary.

There’s GOT to be something for you this week out there! :laugh:

Safe shopping, rounduppers!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I'll be screening WW84 in UHD this weekend (for the third time - ouch!) with my review coming shortly thereafter.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

I've been waiting for Lust, Caution to arrive on Blu-ray for literally years. Blu-ray existed when Universal first brought the film to home media in 2008 and I had the capability to play it that way, but they opted for a DVD only release. So thanks to Kino for finally releasing it in HD stateside. I've had that pre-ordered with Amazon since it was first listed back in December and am really excited to see it again.

I was 18 or 19 at the time of its theatrical release. Due to its NC-17 rating, it remains the only film ever for which I was carded to get in at my local theater.

If WW84 had been a traditional theatrical exclusive release at Christmas, I would probably be doing a blind buy of the disc this week. Since I already saw it on HBO Max, I don't need to make that purchase. I was mixed on it when I saw it, and upon further discussion and thought my opinion has only gotten worse. So I don't need it in my collection. But it's too bad the film wasn't better.

Also of note, Another Round is the Danish nominee for Best International Film at the Oscars this year and was also the recipient of a surprise directing nomination. It is currently streaming on Hulu, so I will watch it there rather than making a blind purchase. But it's good to see it coming out on disc as well. Because it had enough support to also get a directing nomination, it has to be the best bet to win International Film this year. None of the other nominees in that category were also recognized in other categories.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Take it for what they say it is and not what it is

Target "up to 50% off on movies"

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That link has been added to the RoundUp grid, @Todd Erwin ! Thx!

Even with your low score for the film itself, Gal Gadot is easy on the eyes, eh?!? I haven't yet watched my copy of the first WW film. I went cold turkey on the MCU flicks as I was finding them a waste of my time. But I had heard so many good things about WW and found a cheap, used copy. So there it sits on my shelf...

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
That link has been added to the RoundUp grid, @Todd Erwin ! Thx!

Even with your low score for the film itself, Gal Gadot is easy on the eyes, eh?!? I haven't yet watched my copy of the first WW film. I went cold turkey on the MCU flicks as I was finding them a waste of my time. But I had heard so many good things about WW and found a cheap, used copy. So there it sits on my shelf...
WW is DC, not MCU.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The first Wonder Woman film is really fun. The second one seems to misunderstand why the first one was so well-liked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks