What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Scarlet Street – 1945
full

– Trainspotting – 1996
full

– Cabin in the Sky – 1943
full

– The Prince and the Pauper – 1937

full

– Thanksgiving – 2023

full

– He Walked By Night – 1948

Continue reading...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If you are new to the Weekly RoundUp, WELCOME! And, welcome to the Home Theater Forum—a great place to find out about films-on-disc, streaming, hardware, and all things home theater!

full

Goodbye, Best Buy. You are officially retired from the RoundUp. You had a good run. When I went to check on this week’s “New Release” listings at BB.com, there were just three titles listed. A 1930 Mary Pickford film (The Bat Whispers), some horror flick titled Dark Night of the Scarecrow, and a DVD release, this week, of something called The PuppetMan (which didn’t even make the RoundUp). Those first two titles have release dates at the end of March.

Arnold’s “Conan” films were expected from Arrow on 4k/UHD this week but have been pushed back to February 20th.

I know we’ve all noticed media prices heading north (like most everything else these days). But it has become increasingly notable—to the point where it seems like $21.98 has become the new standard “$19.99” price for a new release Blu-ray at Amazon. Prices are going to have to stay down for the customer base to remain active. I know I kept the 4k/UHD release of All Quiet on the Western Front in my Amazon cart since it was released in March of 2023. It recently dropped to “just” $26.99 and I pulled the trigger. That viewing, last week, plus an intense bout with Covid this week has now led me yet another re-watch of Band of Brothers. I’d personally recommend AQotWF as a very well-crafted film. BOB is ridiculously good. I wonder if that would ever see a 4k release. I have no idea if it would benefit from it, but I would suspect so.

There are some diverse, interesting titles in this week’s lineup, RoundUppers. Check carefully and find something you like! :D

Safe shopping!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for your work, Mike!

Nothing for me this week though.

Clay_E

Second Unit
I think the Conan films are still releasing on Blu-Ray this week—at least, my pre-order has shipped as of today.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I might get Cabin in the Sky as I don't think I've seen it before and I always enjoy seeing a Minelli film.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Arnold’s “Conan” films were expected from Arrow on 4k/UHD this week but have been pushed back to February 20th.
This might be old news Mike, but I didn't see it mentioned in the thread. Conan The Barbarian, Conan The Destroyer, and The Conan Chronicles have not been pushed back. They were released yesterday, January 30th. Only Amazon, for some reason, had it wrong and was listing their release dates as February 20th. Amazon has corrected this on the two stand-alone titles (even though they have none in-stock), but Chronicles still has the incorrect release date and they're still showing it as a preorder as of this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks