What's new

Weekly Roundup 12/24 (1 Viewer)

Noel

Grip
Dave,thanks for all the hard work all year!HAPPY HOLIDAYS
to you the family and everyone else at HTF.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just want to put in my usual "Big Thanks Dave!" despite the fact that I agree with you (in that there is nothing but crap this week ;) ). Well at least I can recover after spending so much cash for the holidays! :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I've read many of these Christmas wishes to my wife and son, and they are pleased beyond measure! Thank you, and...

[rant]MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE LAMBERTS![/rant]

You also add a lot to other forums here at HTF and on DVDTalk
Thanks, Chris, but do you maybe mean DVDFile? It's been a while since I contributed anything to DVDTalk, actually. Nothing against that forum, and I still pop in now and again to lurk. I just don't have time to be everywhere, all the time!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Hey Dave, not only is there mot much titles to choose from this week, (as you mentioned), but not much in the way of dscount pricing on these either, $17.99 is the cheapest thing.

Great job and happy holidays. Just one more round-up for 2002.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Thanks & Merry Christmas David!!!! You are a godsend for all of us laid back folk(aka lazy). I hope your New Year brings you the best!!

Chet

Jimmy Wong

Grip
Dave. why don't you do the roundup at DVDTalk? It is the most bargain-conscious of any of the DVD forums I've visited. (ie. there are alot of us cheap bastards there).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dave. why don't you do the roundup at DVDTalk?
It's too hard to find time to maintain the Roundups at the two forums I'm at. It would be impossible to monitor a 3rd forum!

Guys, frankly I wonder how much longer I can possibly keep doing this. Every time I post a Roundup, I'm tempted to buy some of those bargain-priced films. But I've racked up the credit cards, got several hundred unwatched discs, and am plum out of room for storage. If I can't find the will to resist buying some of this stuff, I'll just have to pull out of doing this. With little or no warning, I might add.

I appreciate the appreciation, but please, PLEASE don't hate me if I have to stop sometime in the future.

Not what you want to hear this close to Christmas, I know, but it had to be said. Peace,

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
Dave you ARE a super member, but take care of yourself first. You offer so much of yourself to others, it is actually good to see you a bit guarded as to your resources and priorities (actually, you are frequently that way in subtle ways, but not overall).

Merry Xmas, Dave and family,

Dan

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Dave,
Don't forget King of Comedy
if you go to www.dvdsoon.com and convert it from Canada dolars to American Dollars, the price ends up being $11.16 PLUS free shipping

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
According to BestBuy's Website, their prices are:
Trapped = $15.99
Ballistic = $17.99

Julia*D

Agent
Dave, thanks for all your hard work this year. The Weekly Roundup is one of my favorite things about HTF. :) I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
According to BestBuy's Website, their prices are:
Trapped = $15.99
Ballistic = $17.99
Well, the price you show for Ballistic is what I say in my Roundup, isn't it? :) As for Trapped, that $15.99 price is website-only, as it reflects their online sale of all Columbia titles for 20% off (Dreamworks titles have the same deal going).
[rant]R2-D2: Beneath the Dome is now available again for (pre-)order at BestBuy.com for $4.99! Mine is ordered!!![/rant]
Thanks again to everyone for their well wishes! I'm just so overwhelmed, you guys cannot imagine! :b

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Thanks for the heads up on the R2D2 dvd at BestBuy. I had to use my Minority Report $5 cupon. Total cost to me: $3.39, delivered. Sweet.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Heh, the latest issue of "Entertainment Weekly" has an offer of a free DVD (select titles) for anyone purchasing "Ballistic." I believe that's the first time I've ever seen a FREE offer based on the purchase of a single title.
And, yes, Merry Christmas to Dave, Steph and the SuperTot for helping to preserve my meager wealth. Happy Holidays to the rest of HTF as well! :D

Jimmy Wong

Grip
Guys, frankly I wonder how much longer I can possibly keep doing this. Every time I post a Roundup, I'm tempted to buy some of those bargain-priced films. But I've racked up the credit cards, got several hundred unwatched discs, and am plum out of room for storage. If I can't find the will to resist buying some of this stuff, I'll just have to pull out of doing this. With little or no warning, I might add.
I appreciate your work, David. Your information is easy to read and concise. Having said that, I really don't buy very much at B&M's. I used to pre-order alot, but like you, I have accumulated so many unwatched discs it is unbelievable. With Canadian deals and the patience to wait for Columbia House, I save my self hundreds of dollars a year (maybe thousands). Occasionally I want a disc on release day, but for the most part I just wait for the deals. I don't know how many times in the past I've seen a disc for $5-10 cheaper than what I bought it for and there my copy sits still not watched! 14.99 for a new release might be a good deal for a B&M, but with a little patience, I will get it for about 7 bucks cheaper from CH in a couple of months. This might seem kind of cheap, but with the hundreds of dollars I spend each month on this hobby, I need it.

Michael Silla

Second Unit
A big thank you to Dave for all the Hard Work over the year. I cannot tell you how many times you have saved me a good deal of shopping aggravation. Several friends at work have also benefitted from your round-up.

I sure hope you can be persuaded to continue!

Michael.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The Best Buy ad coming out today (which you can see right now at BB.COM), shows R2D2:BTN on page 7 in the bottom left corner. It shows the $4.99 price and the 12/26 date, noting that this "Date (is) Subject To Change..." (I doubt it will, though, or we'd know that by now).
There are also a multitude of DVD deals for like a third of the booklet! Okay, I'm exaggerating...but go to BB.COM (or find a newspaper, I guess) and check it out! Great savings are to be had!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks