What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-13-2005 (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks, as always, Mike and PAtrick. Simpsons S7 and Airplane SE for me this week, and possibly a blind buy on 40YO Virgin.

Dillon*G

Second Unit
Asking for Christmas:
-Airplane:SE
-Bad News Bears
-Gallipoli:SE
-Gilmore Girls:Season 5
-The Island
-The Producers: DE
-Roll Bounce
-Simpsons:Season 7
-Sin City: NR/RC
-Some 12.99 dvd's from BB

Thanks you very much Mike and Patrick for the prices.

Jonathan_

Second Unit
Patrick Circuit City should let you buy Finding Neverland for 10 bucks. When they price these 2 for $20 titles, they just drop them down to $9.99 each in the system. At least that has been my experience in the past.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Is there anything new or different in Deathrace 2000 and Rock 'n Roll High School from previous releases? I know that Rock 'n Roll High School has been repacked and released a few times, but I don't think any of those were different than the first released back in '97.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
hm i noticed the new thread and ppost reply button looks like the upgrade version.

anyway.

just simpsons, airplane and 40 year old this week.

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
Costco had 3 cartons of Airplane: Don't Call Me Shirley Ed. DVD's out already. I didn't see 40 Year Old Virgin anywhere. I went to checkout with Airplane they scanned and rang it up and the register stopped. Manager said register wouldn't complete the checkout as it could not be sold till Tuesday. I told the manager to go over to the DVD's and see all the copies they had on the floor!

Mike.P

Second Unit
Went to best buy today, for the first time in my experience they dropped their 2 for 20's to only 10 dollars each, as opposed to the usual style of pricing them at 10 dollars only after purchasing 2 on the same receipt.

Picked up O Brother, Where Art Thou? and True Romance. May have to get Boogie Nights while its at the 12.99 price point, and possibly the Gone with the Wind set for 16.99. I had a ton in my hands on the way to the register, but it all strangley got wittled down :).

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, after many weeks of very light buying, this one makes up for a lot:

Simpsons 7
Sin City
40 YO Virgin
Airplane

are definites, with The Island on the cusp...

MatS

Screenwriter
I already own it (and love it) but it is worth mentioning that is an extra awesome price on The Office (US) Season 1 at CC

good cross marketing with 40YOV

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Looks like just Sin City for me; I skipped the initial release on the assumption this SE would be coming.

John Gido

Second Unit

Does that mean that you can purchase only one title for $10? I'm really only interested in one.

Looks like only "Rock 'N' Roll High School" for me this week. Gabba Gabba Hey! :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing with Christmas around the corner, and people buying stuff to give as gifts, the returns of these 2 for $20 DVDs would work better as $10 items, otherwise, it would make returns/exchanges a real bear if you have a receipt (returning one of the two means the kept item goes back to the full $14.99 price, and the remainder credit would be $5.01 plus tax).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just The Simpsons. I've still got a backlog of things to watch going back all the way to Batman Begins.

Thanks guys, btw!!

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Another expensive week for me:

Gilmore Girls Season 5
Simpsons Season 7
Sin City: Recut & Extended
The 40 Year Old Virgin (Unrated)

That's it for me for the rest of the year. Whew! :D

Mike.P

Second Unit

Yep, it does mean that. I only picked up one this week myself, not sure if it is on a store to store basis but the one I've gone to down here was doing it the way I mentioned.

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
For you Godzilla fans out there, went to Walmart on my break and they had Final Wars for 9.84!!!! :D :emoji_thumbsup:
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Cheers Chris

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Seems like Walmart is wildly inconsistant with their prices, I got mine at Amazon for $17, I wonder if my walmart would be the same

John Gido

Second Unit

This must be a YMMV issue. I just got back from the Totawa, NJ store on my lunch hour and was told I could only purchase the 2 for $20 DVDs in pairs. :frowning:

I seem to have more trouble with this store, maybe I should try another.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks