What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10/5/04 (1 Viewer)

Brent C

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks! This is the first thing I check every Sunday morning when I log on.

Best Buy also has advertised "The Hunting of the President" documentary for $15.99

Since the "War Room" has been mentioned, I thought that one should be too.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Well I'm of two minds about Three Faces of Eve. From what I've read, this drama hasn't aged well. As for that "irresponsible film maker", my money would be better spent elsewhere.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Big week. Aladdin, Deep Impact, Untouchables, maybe Shawshank. The Hunger's going to have to wait a week or two (no sales deals). And I'm definitely getting F 9/11, albeit at a local record store where I have a lot of credit. Might get one for my brother, too.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
I'd already have Deep Impact but since some dill-hole
furious.gif
flagged it improperly I'll be upgrading. It's a great price anyway.
smile.gif
Unfortunately that's all I can afford
frown.gif

CF

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Toys R Us is running a pretty good deal on Aladdin. Buy Aladdin for $19.99 and get any Disney DVD for $10 (excluding Aladdin!). So that's 2 Disney films for about $30 (time to pick up the uber-expensive Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh).

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Thanks Mike. As for my list:

- F911

- Saved

- Shawshank Redemption LE

- Aladdin Giftset

- Fearless Vampire Killers

- Lady Death

- Roswell Season Two

- What's Happining Season Two

- The Untouchables SE

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Both Godfather 2 and 3 showed up on one of the new release lists I check each week. But, no info/prices anywhere. Must've got pushed back.

Dillon: Thanks for setting me straight on Spongebob S2....although I thought the stores posted their prices for 10/5.
frown.gif

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Just Aladdin and Shawshank for me, will be taking my Target flyer with me to Wal-mart in case they have a higher price for Shawshank.

Dillon*G

Second Unit
quote:Dillon: Thanks for setting me straight on Spongebob S2....although I thought the stores posted their prices for 10/5.

No problem,I was hoping it was this week but no luck.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
quote:Couldn't give away that F911 movie to me.

quote:As for that "irresponsible film maker", my money would be better spent elsewhere.

You guys crack me up... I didn't know this was the F911 review thread.
laugh.gif

Aladdin and F911 at least for me. I'm sure the wife will want Dawson's Creek eventually too.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I find it interesting that, unlike the usual course of these threads, some people feel they need to go out of their way to point out an item they're NOT getting.

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Besides, there is only one political view that's worth a darn anyway and that's "Try to have a goodtime all the time"
biggrin.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
quote:I find it interesting that, unlike the usual course of these threads, some people feel they need to go out of their way to point out an item they're NOT getting.

I will NOT be getting What's Happening! Season 2.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
My only definite for this week is Aladdin, for $8.99 (from a $9.99 promotion last week at my local supermarket and a $1 off coupon in Sunday's paper - for buying 3 bags of Goldfish). I'll also probably get Shawshank SE, and possibly F911 (but will probably rent it first).

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
This week, it looks like I will only be purchasing a release that Mike left off of his list (understandable since it is a concert video).

_____________TITLE___________ _ _Amazon _ BestBuy _ CrcCity _ Target_ _ Costco_

Dream Theater: Live at Budokan $17.49 __ $9.99 __ $19.99 __ n/a __ n/a __

That Best Buy price is just crazy for this two disk set (almost $15 off of the MSRP), so they will get my business this week.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Michael: Good job!
thumbsup.gif

You obviously are a serious student of the standard disclaimer!

Standard disclaimer: So, please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone.....

I don't suppose Dream Theater: Live at Budokan is any kind of follow to Cheap Trip: Live at Budokan, is it? I didn't think so. Guess I'm just showing my age again!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks