What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10/26/04 (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Great news about Mulan. The bad news is that at my Costco at least, the price isn't $17.99, it's $18.29.
thumbsdown.gif
Which doesn't really matter since my Wal-Mart had it for $15.88, except that I really prefer giving my money to Costco over Wal-Mart given their respective treatment of employees.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Mike, thank you. (But no rock n' roll breakdown for you this week, I'm lazy)

What a week!

Mulan SE (one of my most anticipated releases) is finally here!

Underworld(SB)- making this a triple-dip

film.

That 70's Show- Loved the first few seasons. Brings back memories of my youth, hanging out in a buddie's garage, getting high and philosophizing about Bruce Lee.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
quote:except that I really prefer giving my money to Costco over Wal-Mart given their respective treatment of employees

If you really feel strongly about it, you should have no problems spending that extra $2.41, knowing that it's getting passed on to employees that are treated well by their employer.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Dave,

You should be all set. Just returned from Target and mine must have had 100 copies of the UR DC edition. Double checked it on the scanner as well -- $15.99.

Also FYI (from a DVDTALK member) Mulan SE is $15.99 at BJS (marked as $18.49 but rings up with a $2.50 off discount so its $15.99) I have not confirmed this myself so YMMV -- posted just for you Mike!!

BTW what hell is wrong with this forum?!?!? Having to edit my message right after posting SUCKS!! The other sections of the forum don't have this issue.

Greg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
quote:BTW what hell is wrong with this forum?!?!? Having to edit my message right after posting SUCKS!! The other sections of the forum don't have this issue.

Greg: Whaddya talking about? Spacing issues? They are rampant everywhere!
confused.gif

quote:Underworld(SB)- making this a triple-dip film

Gee, Zen. Why in the world would you do that?!?!
biggrin.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
quote:Also FYI (from a DVDTALK member) Mulan SE is $15.99 at BJS (marked as $18.49 but rings up with a $2.50 off discount so its $15.99) I have not confirmed this myself so YMMV -- posted just for you Mike!!

Didn't catch this the first time through, Greg! Thanks a million! I'm either off to: BJs, Wal-Mart, or Best Buy (to use a few BB bucks).

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
quote:If you really feel strongly about it, you should have no problems spending that extra $2.41, knowing that it's getting passed on to employees that are treated well by their employer.
Well it's not quite that simple. In this case, considering that the Wal-Mart price is well below all of the competition, it's likely that it's a loss leader, and I'm actually costing Wal-Mart money by getting it, since I'm not going to buy anything else while I'm in there.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
quote:it's likely that it's a loss leader, and I'm actually costing Wal-Mart money by getting it, since I'm not going to buy anything else while I'm in there

Well, in that case, suck 'em dry!
biggrin.gif

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
quote:BTW what hell is wrong with this forum?!?!? Having to edit my message right after posting SUCKS!! The other sections of the forum don't have this issue.

I don't know why Mike doesn't see this... last week I said the same thing

quote:Just note: This editing program has gone through some changes, a blank line in editing now results in 4 html br tags.

in this post.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Hmmm, looks like my last post had the same "issue" not cool, but I'm not fixing it. I'll let my 13 line post take up 27 lines of space.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Don't get me wrong...I see the line spacing issues. I just didn't understand when Greg said:

quote:The other sections of the forum don't have this issue.

I've seen it everywhere I go in the HTF. It seems to be a thread-to-thread issue. Something gets it started and then it sticks.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
quote:Greg: Whaddya talking about? Spacing issues? They are rampant everywhere!

Guess it is a random thing as I typed in a few other sections in the las few days and np in any of them so I assumed (yeah I know
blush.gif
) that it was just here.

Oh well

Greg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I decided upon Wal-Mart tonight. $15.87 for Mulan (Crossgate Commons store for any Capital District residents who might be interested.)

Was able to apply all my Best Buy bucks towards my son's videogame purchase instead!
thumbsup.gif

Another nearby Wal-Mart (East Greenbush) quoted me a price of $19.99 over the phone. Go figure. I doubt the guy knew what he was talking about because their electronic dept. manager is always pretty good about checking all the Sunday flyers and beating the best local price--which, in this case, would have been $17.99

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
FYI guys on Mulan...

After checking out BB (17.99), WalMart (ridiculous $18 something or other) and Sam's ($18 something again), I stopped in at FYE. Normally, they're higher than EVERYONE else.

But I was surprised when there was a HUGE display with Mulan for $15.99. No rebates, no gimmicks, no problems. Rung up for me the first time out. Might be worth checking out if there's an FYE close.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jason: I was in my local FYE tonight. They had Mulan on a sale marked down to $19.99. I don't remember what the original price was, but I bet it was at least $24.99 or $29.99

Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks