What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon submitted a new blog post

Weekly RoundUp 10-16-2018
WRU-Banner-2018a-1024x661.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

I loved Ant-Man and the Wasp, but this close to Black Friday, I'm not inclined to pay $22.99 for it. I'll end up with it sooner or later when that price goes down.

Although I'm looking forward to getting it, The Prince of Egypt is also on the sooner-or-later list as I have a book on the way from Amazon on Tuesday which is taking priority this week.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I’ve had several quiet weeks, but I’ll be picking up Ant-Man and the Wasp. I really like this corner of the Marvel universe. I didn’t like the film as much as the first one, but my oldest thought it was funnier.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Not really part of the Round Up, but a potential deal

Criterion.com Flash sale -- most likely sale date starts Tuesday so heads up if you've been saving up titles.
I haven't heard anything about the November BN Criterion sale, but somewhere between 10/30 and 11/6 are the likely start dates

SimonTC

Agent
Real Name
Simon
"I loved Ant-Man and the Wasp, but this close to Black Friday, I'm not inclined to pay $22.99 for it. I'll end up with it sooner or later when that price goes down."
Hmmm. I don't remember any Marvel titles really being on special for Black Friday, and all of them pretty much are still selling for high prices. The first ANT MAN is $19.99 at Amazon.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks, Mike. I have Antz and Prince of Egypt on pre-order, and will probably pick up Black Widow if Twilight Time has a future sale. Ant-man and The Wasp will be a rental using some accumulated Amazon digital credits.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thank's as always for the RoundUp, Mike. I'm going to hold off and wait for sales on the few I want this week.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Hmmm. I don't remember any Marvel titles really being on special for Black Friday, and all of them pretty much are still selling for high prices. The first ANT MAN is $19.99 at Amazon.

I've gotten many Disney items on Black Friday special in years past. I figure that if I wait until then and it's not on sale, it won't be any higher than $22.99, whereas if I wait and there is a discount, I've saved myself money. So I really have nothing to lose by waiting. I'd like to see it again but do not feel the need to do so on an urgent basis.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ant-Man and the Wasp at some point in the future. I can't justify $30 right now for the 4k.

BB's 2/$40 sale might tempt me with some combination of Predator, Die Hard and Deadpool 2.

Thanks Mike!

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Asked this in a previous thread with no reply, but hopefully since everybody is talking about Ant-Man it'll get a response. Any word on the 1st Ant-Man coming out in 4K? They released all the previous Avengers movies in 4K when Infinity War came out on disc, but I haven't heard of Ant-Man getting the same treatment.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Asked this in a previous thread with no reply, but hopefully since everybody is talking about Ant-Man it'll get a response. Any word on the 1st Ant-Man coming out in 4K? They released all the previous Avengers movies in 4K when Infinity War came out on disc, but I haven't heard of Ant-Man getting the same treatment.
I think it depends on those Avengers 4K sales. If they’re good then those previous individual Marvel heroes releases could come out on 4K/UHD.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I haven't heard, but I'd imagine Ant-Man is a lower priority on the 4K catalog reissues list than others such as Iron Man and Captain America. Though it does seem like they could have had it ready to go when the sequel was released to video.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks