Was "Al Bundy" in V: The Final Battle?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by David Lambert, Mar 30, 2003.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Anyone who watched V: The Final Battle probably recalls this sequence from the 2nd part of the three, in DVD chapter 13 (I think that was it):
    [​IMG]

My brother and I were discussing last night the way the face looked during the close-up of the victim. Could that be Ed "Al Bundy" O'Neill there?
    [​IMG]

If so, he's uncredited at the end roll, it's not mentioned at IMDB or apparently anywhere else that a Google search can find!

I've e-mailed to Ilana of Ilana's V Page and Andreas at Bundyology.com, but without waiting for their answers I will put it to the HTF crowd of very knowledgable folk.

Is that Ed O'Neill for sure, and can you offer proof? There's a $100 bet between me and my brother over this!

2. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

That certainly looks like Al's face upon seeing Marcy naked (right before being struck by hysterical blindness, of course [​IMG]). It could very well be him, since V was made when his career was srtill starting, so it's possible he could have taken a minimal, uncredited role such as this.

3. David Lambert

Update: I just rechecked e-mail, and it turns out it hadn't scanned the server for messages this morning yet.

That nice lizard-lady, Ilana, had written me back with a confident statement that "It's NOT Ed O'Neil".

Since I'm not sure if that's opinion or fact, and since the bet with my brother would require some sort of "proof" (like the name of the actor who DID play that kid), I asked her to respond back with any further info she might have.

If anyone here at HTF knows more about this one way or the other, then I definately invite them to speak up! I've pointed both Ilana and Andreas to this thread, too.

Hopefully we will see V: The Series in season sets later this year...as well as Married with Children season sets as well!

4. David Lambert

Ilana says:

5. Joe6pack99

Joe6pack99 Second Unit

Must have MWC box sets! [​IMG]

6. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

It sure does look like him [​IMG]

7. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

I would have thought so as well

[​IMG]

8. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    Looks like a Ed O'Neill/John Ritter combo to me.

9. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

Its not him, I have seen V and The Final Battle dozens of times that guy is younger than o'neil at that point and thay guy screams a little higher than one would expect as well.

-- Matt

10. Glenn_Jn

Glenn_Jn Stunt Coordinator

I'm sure I remember an episode of Married With Children where Peg rips off Al's face to expose a ghastly lizard creature....or did i dream it!.

11. Dave Kalloch

Dave Kalloch Stunt Coordinator

Guy in that picture's got WAY too much hair[​IMG]