What's new

General Discussion Warner Owned Movies Not Available Through Movies Anywhere (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Warner Bros. is one of the studios that uses Movies Anywhere. The movie "That's Entertainment"1974 Part 1 is available for purchase on both iTunes and VUDU but is missing when you search for it on Movies Anywhere and therefore is only available to view on the service you purchased it from. The sequels and 'That's Dancing" are available on Movies Anywhere just not the first and best (opinion) feature. Are there any other movies anyone has noticed from one of the studios that use Movies Anywhere that have been released on digital that is unavailable on Movies Anywhere?

John Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Gilmore
Yes, I've seen a few. The first that come to mind are:
Pete Kelly's Blues (WB)
Walk on the Wild Side (Columbia) - for whatever reason, this is only available for purchase on Amazon, yet it is from Columbia/Sony, which is an MA studio

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Fallen Angel (1945) is a Fox now Disney title that's only available on Amazon.
Stand By Me is another Sony title that is not MA, but there may be rights issues associated with that, similar to The Princess Bride. Both films are Act III productions, and were produced independently outside of the studio system. Fox (now Disney) picked up US theatrical and television rights for Princess Bride, but home video went to Nelson Entertainment, and those titles were later licensed to MGM. Stand By Me was picked up by Sony for US theatrical and home video, but the PVOD rights may be held by another company, which would explain why Sony did not include a digital copy with their 4K UHD disc release and why it is not an eligible title with MA.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
After I wrote my first post I decided to write to Movies Anywhere Customer Service. While they were kind enough to reply, there wasn't an answer my question.

That's Entertainment 1974 Warner Bros Owned

Why does this film, purchased from VUDU, not show up in my Movies Anywhere "My Movies" list?
My Movies Anywhere account is linked to VUDU and all other Warner Bros. movies purchased are in My Movies at Movies Anywhere
Screen shot below shows I purchased the HDX version of the film. Thanks

Reply:

Hi there Gary,

Thank you for contacting Movies Anywhere.

That's Entertainment is not currently available on Movies Anywhere, as it was released by a studio we are not currently partnered with: MGM.

Movies Anywhere is currently partnered with 4 studios: Sony Pictures Entertainment, Universal Pictures (including DreamWorks and Illumination Entertainment), The Walt Disney Studios (including Disney, Pixar, Twentieth Century Studios, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm) and Warner Bros. Entertainment. Most feature films that are distributed by these studios are eligible within Movies Anywhere.

If you are ever curious about whether a film is available in Movies Anywhere, you can use the search option in the app or on our website. As long as the same title version appears, the movie is available.

Our team is working to partner with more studios in the future! Be sure to subscribe to our emails or follow our social pages for all the latest news and updates.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a great day,

Melissa,
Movies Anywhere Customer Care

My Reply

Warner Bros currently owns the pre 1986 MGM film library not MGM. Movies Anywhere has the two sequels to That’s Entertainment. Warner Bros is one of your 4 partner studios so I believe you are mistaken. If you check you will find Movies Anywhere has hundreds films originally released by MGM that are now owned by Warner Bros including The Wizard of Oz. Singin’in the Rain, and Gone With The Wind.

Hi there Gary,

Thanks for getting back to us with all those details; I will send your feedback along to the team.

At this time, Movies Anywhere only carries That's Entertainment III and That's Entertainment Part 2, but we are happy to send the suggestion along that you'd like to see That's Entertainment on Movies Anywhere in the future.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a great day,

I guess there is no answer other than there are a few films from their partners that they don't carry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks