What's new

Want to buy the best receiver............ (1 Viewer)

nagesh

Grip
Hi,
I want to buy a receiver and after looking much into the brand names and quality and restriction of the price, I have zeroed onto three receivers.
Denon AVR-1603.
Pioneer- VSXD712K.
Yamaha - HTR5540.
Now, I want to buy the best of them, compared for sound quality, power, and ofcourse the durability. Also, I cant test it myself as I will be ordering them online and the best buy and circuit city near me doesnt keeps this product.
I need to buy the product as soon as possible, So your sugggestion's would be just great.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
It's so subjective, I *highly* suggest you decide yourself based on what you already know, everyone here will give you different opinions and ultimately confuse the daylights out of you. Very, very best optoin is to find a local dealer that will demo each of these units to you for a day or two and then decide which sounded best in your system.

All that being said, here's my 2c: don't know about the Pioneer, but Yamaha tends to have too many 'modes' for my liking and doesn't just pass the sound through. Denons are always solid performers, almost never heard of anyone hating their new Denon. So out of that list, the Denon...

NicholasL

Second Unit
I agree. From the shortlist you gave, Denon would also be my choice. Pionner in my opinion is nothing special until you reach the Elite line, of which, the 41tx is nothing special.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I would have to say it is special. The Pioneers really are nothing special until u hit the elite line, the Yamaha's are good but of course most people say they are bright and the Denons are also good and solid performers. Out of the two I would have to say do some more research on the Denon and Yamaha, see which you like best.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Have you taken sa look at Marantz. The 4300 has a resonable price and performs well. You can get a great deal on a refurbished one at www.accessoriesforless.com or you can get them new for a little less that $400. There are more choices than the 4300 on AC4L so check it out.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I helped a friend buy his home theater gear and I suggested a Denon 1602 or was it 1601? (a year and a half ago)
He also bought a Pio Elite dvd player and the Denon would not lock onto the signal and the audio would not come on for like a 3 or 4 secs. Other than that it seemed to be a nice piece. Maybe the newer models won't do this and it could have been the Pio. We went back and stepped up (in price) to a Pio.Elite 35tx and no problems.
I'm not knocking the Denon at all I'm just saying I had the locking problem problem.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
The 5540 is last year's model. The 5640 (this year's) adds a whole host of features over the 5540, most noticeablly, 6.1 decoding (DD-EX, DTS-ES, DTS:Neo6).

And it's not all that much more expensive than last year either...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks