What's new

VCI Serial DVD's (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Much like watching an entire TV series at once I would find watching a serial all at once a bit monotonous. For me they work best as originally shown one at a time.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
mdnitoil said:
Personally, I've checked out Serial Squadron's stuff before I get anything from VCI. They also do reviews on their message board for anything serial related.

You may want to be careful about Serial Squadron's stuff. I don't know if this still happens, as I don't purchase them anymore, but on some of the releases Dr. Grood would recreate music, sound effects, color and even add scenes to serials as part of the "restoration" process.

I like my serials original, not re-edited/reconstructed. For that reason, VCI gets my money.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Rodney said:
You may want to be careful about Serial Squadron's stuff. I don't know if this still happens, as I don't purchase them anymore, but on some of the releases Dr. Grood would recreate music, sound effects, color and even add scenes to serials as part of the "restoration" process.

I like my serials original, not re-edited/reconstructed. For that reason, VCI gets my money.

Doc only did that on 3 projects - "Phantom Empire", "Robinson Crusoe on Clipper Island" (Which was also re-edited) and the feature version of Flash Gordon, "Rocketship".

The rest are straight improved transfers - clean digital transfers, noise reduction, adjustment of contrast and B&W image.

He put alot of work on the major projects - "The Lone Ranger" , "The Lone Ranger Rides Again", "Daredevils of The West" (Replacing the missing reels dialog with a voice cast, Music and F/X ), "King of the Mounties" (Subtitles for the missing reels of dialog, authentic Music and F/X), plus the recovery of several silent series with new music scores.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Doc only did that on 3 projects - "Phantom Empire", "Robinson Crusoe on Clipper Island" (Which was also re-edited) and the feature version of Flash Gordon, "Rocketship".

The rest are straight improved transfers - clean digital transfers, noise reduction, adjustment of contrast and B&W image.

He put alot of work on the major projects - "The Lone Ranger" , "The Lone Ranger Rides Again", "Daredevils of The West" (Replacing the missing reels dialog with a voice cast, Music and F/X ), "King of the Mounties" (Subtitles for the missing reels of dialog, authentic Music and F/X), plus the recovery of several silent series with new music scores.
Bought only one from Serial Squadron thats it - he is trying to do great work but maybe he should try to get legit material from studios like Sony and Paramount (for Republics)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks