What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

USHE Announcement: Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
AS well as suspending sales of the limited edition until z customer complaint has been checked, Amazon.co.uk has also lifted the price from 100 to 122.49 pounds. And they have only two sets left on sale.....
Cheers all .. I hope my set, when it arrives in Australia next week (there's optimism) is perfect (apart from the dodgy transfers, that is!)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Garysb said:
My special edition UK set shipped today. My cost was $136.08. It was shipped DHL Global instead of Royal Mail like everything else I have ordered from Amazon UK. Not too happy as Royal Mail always had a one week estimated arrival time from day of shipment. DHL says estimated arrival is November 30. Was anyone else's order shipped by DHL or was I just unlucky. The rest of the order, including the Universal Monsters (non coffin) set was sent Royal mail.
Its been six days and my set has left Croydan today. I guess they will place it in a bottle and float it across the Atlantic any day now.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, mine shipped 11/10 and as far as I can tell it;s still in Scotland in the warehouse and hasn't even gotten to Croydan yet.
They screwed up earlier and listed the Location as Gourock, but that's been removed again and nothing is written under the location

BJQ1972

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Barrie Quinn
AnthonyClarke said:
AS well as suspending sales of the limited edition until z customer complaint has been checked, Amazon.co.uk has also lifted the price from 100 to 122.49 pounds. And they have only two sets left on sale.....
Cheers all .. I hope my set, when it arrives in Australia next week (there's optimism) is perfect (apart from the dodgy transfers, that is!)
That price is for a Marketplace seller. Amazon themselves won't take any more orders until the review is complete.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Originally Posted by David Norman /t/321703/ushe-announcement-alfred-hitchcock-the-masterpiece-collection-blu-ray/1560#post_4002582
Well, mine shipped 11/10 and as far as I can tell it;s still in Scotland in the warehouse and hasn't even gotten to Croydan yet.
They screwed up earlier and listed the Location as Gourock, but that's been removed again and nothing is written under the location

Mine was first listed with nothing on that line, then yesterday I saw Gourock, and now it's blank again. And of course no further update since being "departure scanned" at Croydon two days ago.

classicscaper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
Another customer allegedly found two copies of Topaz and no Frenzy. And, of course, then you have to send the whole thing back instead of just exchanging the disc. If this happens to me, when mine finally does arrive on Dec. 4th., I will go berserk. Universal continues to disappoint.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Robert Crawford said:
You knew it was just a matter of time with the Holidays coming up and competitive pricing being what it is during that time.
Crawdaddy
Even at this price I might still wait, given that they mangled one of my favorite movies.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by benbess /t/321703/ushe-announcement-alfred-hitchcock-the-masterpiece-collection-blu-ray/1560#post_4003261
Even at this price I might still wait, given that they mangled one of my favorite movies.
To each their own as to how they spend their monies.

Crawdaddy

I just watched Frenzy and thought the transfer was fine, beautiful anamorphic widescreen on top of being a great film ..there are only 2 films in this set that Im not into..but will grit my teeth to watch them anyway just to see if my tastes changed

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
david steigman said:
I just watched Frenzy and thought the transfer was fine, beautiful anamorphic widescreen on top of being a great film ..there are only 2 films in this set that Im not into..but will grit my teeth to watch them anyway just to see if my tastes changed
Definitely agree on Frenzy. Colors were amazingly lifelike. Could have used just a tad more grain. And, yes, I think it's one of Hitchcok's better films.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Wonder of wonders,
Miracle of miracles...

Sorry, wrong thread.

BUT... my people, I have news. The shipment arrived in Secaucus, NJ at 1:00 PM yesterday.

That's 75 miles, or some 80 to 85 minutes from here. ETA is still December 3rd. Lottery, anyone?

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
Robert Crawford said:
You knew it was just a matter of time with the Holidays coming up and competitive pricing being what it is during that time.
Crawdaddy
Yeah, that was the price I was waiting for. I ordered it last night and I'll receive it tomorrow. It'll go under the Christmas tree when we set up the tree this weekend.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
Originally Posted by Frank Ha /t/321703/ushe-announcement-alfred-hitchcock-the-masterpiece-collection-blu-ray/1590#post_4003681
Yeah, that was the price I was waiting for. I ordered it last night and I'll receive it tomorrow. It'll go under the Christmas tree when we set up the tree this weekend.
I recommendthat you check that the contents are correct and no scratches- This is true of Hitchcock and Bond . don*t wait untill Xmas

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Chas in CT said:
Wonder of wonders,
Miracle of miracles...
Sorry, wrong thread.
BUT... my people, I have news.  The shipment arrived in Secaucus, NJ at 1:00 PM yesterday.
That's 75 miles, or some 80 to 85 minutes from here.  ETA is still December 3rd.  Lottery, anyone?
Hopefully, you'll have The Birds by Thanksgiving. :)

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Indeed!

If only one could call them and say "just hold that for me, I'll be down to pick it up this afternoon."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks