What's new

Upcoming Horror Movies! / News, discussion, calendar, etc. (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The Woods. I know very little about it, but the involvement of Lucky McKee and Bruce Campbell is plenty. Rumor is it was pushed back to reshoot the ending as test audiences didn't like it, which is rarely a good way to handle horror films.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I hate test audiences. They usually make them change the ending to fucking lame finales. Hopefully this will be one of the rare cases where that's not true though. I'm dying to see The Woods, because McKee's May is one of my newer favorites.

I just saw Shaun recently, and loved it. Never seen Spaced either, nor even heard of it.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Thank you sir!:emoji_thumbsup:

Quick question for those in the know; What exactly is cut from the Region 0 release? I notice there is an uncut french release but it lacks english subtitles.

I would imagine the movie is also getting a US release eventually correct?

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Lions Gate will be releasing it to theaters late this year or early next year. I can't remember which. A DVD will eventually follow. In fact, they're already pressing the future DVD in several press releases.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Hey this thread is back and running. Cool!

Re: High Tension (yes, that's the official U.S. title) is currently scheduled for a Jan. 25th release date. Arrow's review (linked above) is quite good, as is this one from Creature Corner, this (spoiler-ish) one from Monsters at Play and of course my rambling review at HBS.

I was told that the R0 DVD has some serious gore snipped out. I haven't seen that version so I can't comment on the differences.

Re: Shaun of the Dead - It's borderline brilliant. More comedy than horror, but made with a clear affection for the zombie classics. Incidentally, if you happen to live in Philadelphia and you'd like to see an early screening of SotD on Monday Aug. 23rd, drop me an email.

On deck for the horror freaks:

Exorcist: The Beginning - 8/20
Open Water (wide) - 8/20
Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid - 8/27
Suspect Zero (not horror, but seems to be close enough) - 8/27
Resident Evil: Apocalypse - 9-10
The Forgotten - 9-24
Shaun of the Dead - 9-24
Saw - 10-1

...and it looks like The Devils Rejects: House of 1,000 Corpses 2 might hit screens in October/November.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member

I just saw the first one on Saturday night, and didn't even realise until yesterday that a sequel was scheduled for this year. I do not have high hopes for the sequel, the first one was atrocious filmmaking that felt like it was written by a 12yr old.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
While on the subject of Haute Tension, I'll throw my review into the mix as well, which can be seen here: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=186207

Is anyone actually looking forward to Anacondas? The first movie sucked, and this one looks just as bad, possibly worse. Its also practically the same exact premise from what I've seen of the trailer. Person looking for something in the jungle won't let crew go back even when the snakes attack, and they even have a J-Ho clone. I'll pass.

Man-Thing has been delayed till 2005. That really sucks.

The Forgotten is definitely something I'm interested in. The trailer is great, and the premise is intriguing.

I'm looking forward to The Devil's Rejects actually. Sure, the original wasn't all that, but this followup sounds like it has potential, especially with its amazing cast. I'm a big fan of William Forsythe, Ken Foree, Michael Berryman, Danny Trejo, and Page Faulkenberg, and the rest of the newbies to the cast are cool as well.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I guess I'm in the minorty but I really loved ANACONDA. It was certainly a bad movie but much like those "animal attack" films from the 1970's, it was enjoyable. Plus, I'm scared of snakes so that added some charm. I still have no desire to see the sequel. No Voight= No Viewing. :)

As for HOUSE OF THE DEAD, I'll see the sequel but I too thought the first film was pretty bad. I guess it was trying to pay homage to classic horror but I personally thought it was nothing more than a major rip off of TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2. Not the first but the second film. I'll probably wait for the Lions Gate DVD. I hate going to the theater but....

I'm really wanting to see OPEN WATER so I might go next weekend. I've only seen one film at the theater this year and only plan on seeing one more but OW might get me out of the house.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member

I think Michael actually meant House of 1000 Corpses, and not the atrocious House of the Dead.

As far as Haute Tension, I've decided to hold off from ordering any DVD of it. I'll wait until the January release as I don't want to watch a cut version of the movie. Good things come to those who wait etc. etc.;)

Anymore news on the new Hellraiser movie? Yes I know its utter cheese at this point but I'm genuinely interested...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I liked "Anaconda," too. I think the sequel looks interesting, though the "snake orgy" line is kind of disturbing. :)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

Yep, my bad but I did mean HOUSE OF 1000.

I certainly don't want any sequel to HOUSE OF THE DEAD. :)

Scott Stephens

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know anything about a possible DVD release of the Australian horror flick "Undead"? The trailer looked interesting but after an initial buzz about it, there hasn't been much said. Anybody know anything?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Updating with some new-ish news.

--The Blob and The Fog - new remakes coming.

--Does this sound interesting to you? "MSP is reputed to be so extreme, so violent, so graphic, that Technicolor, DuArt, and Deluxe labs all refused to complete the bastard. In fact, Technicolor threw the filmmakers out, unsure if the material they were transferring was even legal." - If so, click here.

--Looks like Dimension will be releasing Darkness (aka The Dark in N.A. on 12-25. Keep your fingers crossed.

--The first teaser for The Devil's Rejects is up, and you can see it here.

--Horror fans rejoice. The Grudge and Saw land a one-two punch atop the box office.

--Next up on the docket is Seed of Chucky, which opens wide on 11-12. Love the marketing campaign! Then we got Blade: Trinity (excellent trailer) on 12-8, The Phantom of the Opera on 12-22, and stuff like Haute Tension, White Noise and Hide and Seek in January. Boogeyman is set for 2-4, but I smell a DTV release on that one. The Ring 2 on 3-18, The Amityville Horror on 4-15, with Hous of Wax following two weeks later on 4-29

--The Connelly-laden Dark Water was recently bumped back again...this time to late summer! But I need my J.Con fix!
frown.gif

--Coming Soon informs us that Constantine may be undergoing a few reshoots to attain a PG-13 rating.

-Also, after participating in this year's October Halloween Challenge, a bunch of us were aiming to start up a General Horror Discussion thread. So I thought we could use this one. If a moddo happens to stop by, could you please alter the thread heading so it reads "General Horror Discussion, etc., etc." or whatever you think works best. Thanks.

Oh, and I just got a used copy of Deep Rising for $4.99. I know you're all jealous.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks