What's new

Unruly Group Gratuity Assessment? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Do what they do in Europe and pay the waitstaff a fair wage then tipping wouldn't be a problem. Of course everyone's going to have to pay more for increased prices to cover that.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Semi off-topic, but used to travel a lot on business so ordered a lot of room service meals.

Not only was there a room-service charge, they automatically added in a 15-18% tip. Then most places had the nerve to include a blank spot labeled "gratuity" on the receipt. Trying to get me to feel guilty if I didn't tip the delivery person, although the tip was already in the bill. Caught onto that real fast, no double tipping from me, even if my employers would have paid it.

Read your bills very carefully.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Probably. The bump was deleted tho, Kevin and Stan are replying to a post that no longer exists which contained Spam.

Live by the SEO, die by the SEO!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I hear of people in Jersey who tip the attendeant for pumping your gas but they have to pump your gas so they arent providing
anything they are just doing what they have to do and get paid a regular wage.

also anyone see the recent ep of Kitchen Nightmares?

The owner was caught not giving the waitresses their tips among other things.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Kevin Hewell said:
Do what they do in Europe and pay the waitstaff a fair wage then tipping wouldn't be a problem. Of course everyone's going to have to pay more for increased prices to cover that.
Not sure prices would increase that much. In California waitstaff is paid at least minimum wage, unlike many states that allow you to pay waitstaff some like $2.16 an hour. I have traveled all over the country and prices at the type of places most people go, chain restaurants, are not any different.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks