What's new

Universal's Legacy Series (1 Viewer)

Jing_B

Stunt Coordinator
Oh yeah! I just remembered! All Quiet on the Western front is another one that needs a re-release. The movie has won 3 Academy awards (including Best Picture in 1930) and also a place in the National Film Registry. This is definetely worth to be added into Univerdsal's Legacy Series!

ChristopherBlig

Stunt Coordinator
well after watching TCM a few days ago and seeing an injustice on DVD, I put a clear vote for Don Siegel's Charley Varrick (interviews with Andrew Robinson and other surviving cast members, excerpts from the book A Siegel Film, trailers and of course a widescreen tranfer anamorphically for once, LD got it right the first time)

Watching the film, I really felt a sense of Universal not caring anymore which was never the case until the last year and a half with more than a dozen recycled titles. Time to reclaim the title of going for the best no matter what. If the Wiz got featurette, trailer, and widescreen treatment, so can our old Last of the Independants as well

I also throw a vote in for Sorcerer, William Friedkin's updating of Wages of Fear. I know someone that can do a killer look back at for it :)

Jing_B

Stunt Coordinator
A Legacy Series of Orson Welles's classic film-noir Touch of Evil would finally do this film justice. The newly-reconstructed cut should be on disc one, with one of the original 1958 version on disc two. Plus some other extras. Heck, Universal could make this one a 3-Disc Set! ;)

Jing_B

Stunt Coordinator
Let's hope against hope that Universal adds Howard Hughes's Hell's Angels to the Series. The previous barebones edition is nothing.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
How about
"FLOWER DRUM SONG"
"MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION"
"MADAME X"
"PORTRAIT IN BLACK"
"MIDNIGHT LACE"
"BACK STREET"

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
You guys don't know who you're dealing with.

Instead we'll get
LEGACY EDITIONS OF:

CARLITO'S WAY
ANIMAL HOUSE
SCARFACE (DePalma)
SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND
DARKMAN
THE DREAM TEAM
THE 'BURBS
BORN ON THE 4TH OF JULY
FIELD OF DREAMS
BIRD ON A WIRE

etc.

They are CLUELESS! Realize it's UNIVERSAL you're dealing with. They don't even know they own BACK STREET (no matter which version!)

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
According to DVDPlanet and DigitalEyes, The Deer Hunter legacy edition has been cancelled. Anyone know anything about this?

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

I couldn't agree more strongly! I can't think of the last Universal release that truly made me excited. I buy the occasional title, but they always leave me wondering about what could've been.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks