What's new

Universal focus on back catalog in 2003 (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
At last! Scarface. Hopefully, a transfer that is respectable. Maybe I should sell my current version for $50.00 on Ebay now.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
As far as reissues go, I hope they get to redo most of the titles they lisenced to Image. Most were OAR, but featured mediocre non-anamorphic transfers. I'd like to see:
Fahrenheit 451
Andromeda Strain
Slaughterhouse Five
Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun
Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
Amazon Women On The Moon
Flash Gordon
This Island Earth
They Live
They've done a good job with the recent reissues of Cat People and Silent Running.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
What I really want to see from Universal is a cleaned-up, anamorphic Deer Hunter. Extras would help too. Hey, it's not like Michael Cimino wouldn't be available.;)

James L White

Supporting Actor
GREAT NEWS INDEED, hopefully Cheech & Chong's Next Movie as well as Claock and Dagger will be released among other titles.:emoji_thumbsup:

Jodee

Screenwriter
How about:

Casper
Coal Miner's Daughter
Cry Baby
Heiress, The
Imitation of Life
King of the Hill
Lost Highway
Schindler's List
Backbeat
Sugar Town

and re-issues of Babe, Frighteners, Fierce Creatures, Breakfast Club, 16 Candles, Mask, etc.....

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'd really love to have "Coal Miner's Daughter" & "Imitation of Life"(the Lana Turner version) in their OAR. With "Coal Miner's Daughter" a commentary with Loretta Lynn & Sissy Spacek would thrilling!

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Six Million Dollar Man said:
It's funny you should mention Next Movie. After it was over I went up and asked the guy about that title. He told me it belonged to Paramount. I told him he was mistaken. He told me I was mistaken. Anyway, that reminds me....I need to order the anamorphic PAL R4 version tonight. It's only $10 and I really want to see that film again!
Jeff

James L White

Supporting Actor
It's funny you should mention Next Movie. After it was over I went up and asked the guy about that title. He told me it belonged to Paramount. I told him he was mistaken. He told me I was mistaken. Anyway, that reminds me....I need to order the anamorphic PAL R4 version tonight. It's only $10 and I really want to see that film again!
if Paramount own it I find it odd that imdb.com lists Universal as owning the rights also it would be strange that Up In smoke and Still Smokin were released by Paramount but Next Movie wasn't put out at the same time.Heck if you go to Link Removed that little art on the site sure looks to have a Universal Logo on it. Also if you click the Link Removed button it even says Universal, someone's wrong.:confused: :confused:

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Some titles that were on Universal LDs but never on DVD:

Charley Varrick
Colossus: The Forbin Project

and

the aforementioned Frighteners Signature Edition LD

(you'd think they'd capitalize on that to tie-in to Lord of the Rings, no?)

And more Classic Monsters. I'd heard rumors of all sorts of titles, ranging from the Oliver Reed Curse of the Werewolf to even The Monolith Monsters coming out this fall, but that's not to be I guess.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
Yeah, I don't get it with the Frighteners SE. This is probably one of their most requested titles. Everytime we start talking about Universal re-releasing some stuff, Frighteners gets mentioned. Every time. This should be a real easy decision for Universal to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks