What's new

Unforgiven: 10th anniversary edition (1 Viewer)

DanR

Supporting Actor
This is good news, I love this movie. It looks like I took one for the "team" here as I bought Unforgiven a few weeks ago for $11.99 @ Best Buy. It seems like there's always someone who buys a DVD, and then the new verwsion is announced days later. I guess it was just my turn. :)

I would like to know the specs and whether this has a new transfer. And yes, it would be awesome to get a SE like this of Batman (89).

Regards,
Dan

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Excellent news. Count me in too for a Batman (89) SE edition.

I don't mind double purchasing because these were bare-bones early releases by Warner which helped spur the growth of DVD. But now they have the technology, time, and market penetration to really go back and revisit these excellent titles.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
By the logic we are all discussing, I suppose I should break down and get Batman (89), to help spur on the double-disc SE! :laugh:

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Great news. As others have said it hopefully will be be a new transfer, and it is sad to have to say this but it better be in OAR!

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
As others have said it hopefully will be be a new transfer, and it is sad to have to say this but it better be in OAR!
This is Warner Brothers, not Columbia TriStar. I think you can count on a new OAR transfer.

MichaelG

Second Unit
Didin't care for the transfer on the first one, but I expect that this one will look great and I will be buying it. Funny, my gf and I were just talking about this movie, and she mentioned how much she liked it.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I was going to purchase this the other day, but i had to use the bathroom and did not to wait in line at wallmart.

DanR

Supporting Actor
David,

Suck it up and buy Batman (89), would ya? I saw it at Wal-Mart for $9.96. It's a small price to pay for your friends at HTF. :)

I would buy it at that price, if I didn't have it already. Hell, now you got me thinking about buying it again anyway. LOL. :)

Regards,
Dan

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
True Romance: DC in a two disc SE set? I wouldn't have expected that, after all it wasn't exactly a huge hit.
Hell, I like TR but personally I would rather they put out a 2001: A Space Odyssey two disc SE set.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
True Romance: DC in a two disc SE set? I wouldn't have expected that, after all it wasn't exactly a huge hit.
Are you kidding? This movie has a huge cult following. I don't know a single person who has yet to see this movie. And everyone I know loves it. But it was definitely a movie that found it's audience on video.
Now if only we're treated to the bathtub scene that was in the trailer... yum. :D

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Well yes, I know it has a cult following, I'm one of them, but I didn't think it had a cult following so big as to get Warner's to offer it a two disc SE set.
And I stand by my assertion/opinion that 2001 has an even BIGGER following and deserves a two disc more so than TR...as good as TR is.

David Lawrence

Stunt Coordinator
This one's a must buy for me too since it's one of my favourite westerns, featuring all-round great performances (especially Eastwood, who I feel is often underrated as an actor in some of his best movies). I own the current version but, like many, I wasn't at all impressed with the picture quality.

I think I also should mention I've never seen True Romance...

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Regarding concerns about this new two-disc set being OAR, I don't think it will be a problem with Warner considering this is not a "family film," thank goodness.

I do have a slight concern about this if and when Batman: SE gets released.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I just finished watching the SE and I am impressed. A very nice transfer --- better than the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks