What's new

Ultraviolet (merged) (1 Viewer)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I rented this last weekend. A fun movie. Sometimes eye candy is good. It was never boring, and i didnt have to say jeez this is stupid. I was expecting less and got more. That is rare for me. I will be buying it.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Not to defend the film, but the CGI wasn't supposed to look "real", it was supposed to look like a graphic novel.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
My eyes and ears started bleeding 30 minutes into this crapfest.

Kurt Wimmer needs to make a good movie again, fast!

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Finally Netflixed Ultraviolet.

After the immense beating it (rightfully) took, I found it pretty awful, but entertaining nonetheless. Wimmer has some very neat action ideas, but not the budget to pull it off. The story is a pile of cliches, each worse than the last. Milla is Milla...you get what you expect.

Some of the action was excellent, some was poor, and they quit trying at the end. I am aware the film was taken from him, but enough of it sucked for me not to expect much from a true Director's Cut. There was no "there" there.

I am glad I saw it. I still hold out hope for Wimmer. He is creative, if nothing else.

I did appreciate the CG in the chase sequence...awful beyond belief :D

Highly recommended if you like entertaining crap action films. That's from someone who disliked both Underworld's quite a bit ;)

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
I too, don't quite understand the negative reactions to this film. Much like Unbreakable, the comic book references are explicitly stated at the beginning of both films. UV's story, acting, and CGI didn't bother me at all since I had a great time watching it. The Gunkata was nice, but Milla was even better
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i don't think people hated it because they were expecting something else. many (including me) just didn't like it own its own comic book level.

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
What do we think our chances are of getting a Director's Cut of this movie? Wishful thinking? (Probably, eh?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks