What's new

Ugly Betty has been canceled by ABC (1 Viewer)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/01/27/exclusive-abc-cancels-ugly-betty/

This current season will be shortened from 22 episodes to 20 and will be its last.

I know many, many people have given up on this long ago, but I'm going to miss this greatly. It was one of the few 'bright' spots on the TV landscape and I've enjoyed it all the way through.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
Well, sorry for fans, though it's been all but official for a while now that the show would be cancelled.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Eh... my wife is crushed, but quite frankly, I would have stopped watching long ago if she wasn't into it. Kind of like I'm slogging through Desperate Housewives because friends of ours come over to watch it with us. I tend to either fall asleep or surf the net on my phone while these shows are playing.

Betty the character was more interesting when she was the outsider and underdog. Now she's just annoying. And it's criminal how underused Amanda was all this time -- Becki Newton made silk purses out of sow's ears with the material she was given. Hopefully, bigger and better things are in store for her.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
I'll miss it. Granted not as good as Season 1 but there were a couple good jems in the last couple of seasons.

I agree, Amanda was the best, and I'm looking forward to what Becki ends up doing next.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I TiVo'd this season but have only got around to watching 1 episode, just hasn't gotten my attention like previous seasons.

I love Amanda, she is hillarious.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Series finale was tonight. It was WAY too tied up. Not bad, not great. I ended up really hating the way the daniel/betty relationship tied up.

Crap, tomorrow I have actual real work to do.. ah, the joy of the haitus ends :(

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I never watched this show. I saw a few of the first season and I thought it was very well done, but I never got into it. I watched it every now and then. But about a month or two ago, I started to catch it more after it moved to Wedensday night! And I knew it was cancelled, perhaps that's part of the reason. I still don't know all the background, so I thought it was a sweet, as in sentimental, way it ended. Not knowing if the way Daniel acted by following Betty to London was out of character, I liked it. Sorry to always see unusual shows cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks