What's new

"Two" DDD Coupons - 20% OFF! (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I just tried. They only allow a promotional code to be used once. If you try entering them both on the same line, you get the 20% discount applied. I just applied the discount to some things I've been wanting for a while. Great savings:

Space Ghost C2C Vol. 1 - $18.71
The Twilight Zone Collection 4 - $58.51
The Simpsons season 2 - $28.71
Little House On the Prairie (any season) - $23.98
All in the Family season 2 - $17.64
Sanford & Son (any season) - $17.64
Mystery Science Theater 3000 Vol. 3 - $28.70 [retail $59.95]

and Battlestar Galactica - $69.12!

David Glenn

Second Unit
Yeah, I didn't think you would be allowed to stack the codes for 40% off. I was talking about using each (dvdtalk, usatoday) 20% off code on separate orders.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
It was advertised in the USA Today newspaper. Hence the coupon code, "usatoday".
It could have been a reward for subscribing to that paper, email newsletter, or some other promotion, so not necessarily from an ad in that paper. Thank you, smart asses.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
It does work!

Holy crap, this is getting expensive!

Used the code dvdtalk on a another batch:

Ali: Fear Eats the Soul - $23
Malcolm X - $11.51
Belle De Jour - $11.04
Le Cercle Rouge - $23
Alphaville - $17

Please...(gasp)...No..more...(gasp).. Coooodddeees...

:)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Please. Next time just keep it to yourself. There was absolutely no need for your comment.

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
A very nice deal, especially when you apply the discount to titles with nice prices to begin with (like the MST3K sets).

Thanks for posting!

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Just wondering about their shipping fees to the UK ?

anybody from the UK ordered with them before ?

thanks

Jan H

Senior HTF Member

:laugh:

That won't be necessary, Justin, but thanks. Here's why:
The little voice of the DVDemon in my head kept whispering to me: "Go ahead, buy more! You can use your girlfriend's e-mail address to just buuuuyyy mooorrre Criteriooonnss!"

So after she relented (after recommending me for DVDetox, I might add), I laid down another $130 for:

Band of Outsiders
The Monterey Pop Festival
Hearts and Minds
Ingmar Bergman Trilogy

I try to get out, but they keep pulling me back in!

$400 total so far. But don't tell my girlfriend! :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Hey thanks guys! Now I can use the 20% discount on two of those WB SEs I wanted...and when I get the receipts I can get that freebie from Warners!

Saving money on the finest deals out there is only one of the many reasons I love you all so very much. :b :D

John Madia

Second Unit
I'm glad that I held off buying the Warner Legends collection until now. I also found a reason to upgrade my Star Trek IV disc. I also got Outlaw Josey Wales, The Thief of Bagdad and the John Wayne Collection. Speaking of John Wayne, there are some great deals on his movies:

JOHN WAYNE DVD GIFT SET ($33.31):
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=PRD006222
(El Dorado, Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, The Shootist, The Sons of Katie Elder, True Grit)

JOHN WAYNE-BEST OF 1ST COLLECTION (22.98):
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=PRD005617
(RIO LOBO, EL DORADO, and TRUE GRIT)

JOHN WAYNE-BEST OF 2ND COLLECTION (22.98):
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=PRD005627
(BIG JAKE, THE SHOOTIST, and THE SONS OF KATIE ELDER)

JOHN WAYNE COLLECTION (23.20):
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=FXD007892
(The Comancheros, North to Alaska, The Undefeated)

The five pack is the best deal and highly reccomended. Too bad I already have Katie Elder or I would've picked up the Best of 2nd Collection. I didn't like Rio Lobo and already saw El Dorado and True Grit so I passed on the 1st Collection. I never saw any on the John Wayne Collection so I picked that up. Great bargain considering it retails for $45 in stores. I would've purchased a few more titles but I was already at $100 and didn't want to spend more than that. Hopefully they'll run this special again when I have more money. :)

My reccomendation for those who have yet to order: Boxed sets and discs you wanted to upgrade but never got around to. Also hurry because the sale ends in two hours and the servers are extremely slow.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
If someone is on the fence about the cost of The Dick Van Dyke Show sets, this would also be an opportune moment to purchase them for $40.95 each.

If you buy both, you can use the $20 mail-in rebate. So the price of each would shake out to about $30.95 -- with the quality of these great sets, it would be a steal.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Once Upon a Time in America SE - $16.32
Unforgiven SE - $16.32
Babe SE / Babe: Pig in the City 2-pack - $16.32
---
Casablanca SE - Free (OK, $3.75 for S/H fees!) courtesy of the WB promo

Total = $52.71 for 5 movies, 4 of which are pretty impressive Special Editions from what I hear.

Thanks again to Jan and whomever else chanced upon this deal and saw fit to share it with us. You've helped me to scratch some swell titles off of my Wish List. ;)

John Madia

Second Unit
Sorry, I wasn't paying attetion and thought both codes ended at midnight. When does the "dvdtalk" code expire?

Can you get a free DVD with the special editions in the Warner Legends set? I didn't want to spend the money to upgrade Casablanca but would glady pay $3.75 to upgrade.

I broke down and used the second code for The Odd Couple and Vera Cruz. I was considering Shogun but didn't want to spend that much more money, especially on something I'm not sure I would like. The Indiana Jones set was tempting but I'm not a fan of Temple of Doom and saw Last Crusade enough for it to lose it's charm. If I bought the set, I'd end up watching Temple of Doom again; It's something I don't want do but would end up doing anyway if I had the DVD.

Brian E

Screenwriter
For you DS9 buyers don't forget Season 7 comes out the 2nd so you may want to wait to place your order until it's not a preorder title.

Wade K

Second Unit
Damn good deal.

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER SET 3 $28.70
MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER SET 1 $31.89
MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER BEGINNING OF THE $9.55
VICAR OF DIBLEY-DIVINE COLLECTION $34.55
ENIGMA (SE) $15.31
ATOMIC BOMB COLLECTION-TRINITY & BEYOND $19.16

Total:$139.16

Pricing the same things at Amazon comes up to $238.35 (!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks