What's new

Twilight Time Announces March/April 2014 Releases (1 Viewer)

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
For those interested in TT's Blu-ray of WILD AT HEART, following is the list of bonus materials:

Isolated Music & Effects Track / Love, Death, Elvis & Oz: The Making of Wild at Heart / Original 1990 Making-of EPK / Dell’s Lunch Counter (Extended Interviews) / Specific Spontaneity: Focus on David Lynch / David Lynch on the DVD / Motion Gallery / 4 TV Spots / Original Theatrical Trailer

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
EddieLarkin said:
Was that corrected on the later region b locked UK release?
Yes but only with a 2.0 channel soundtrack which i understand fixes the issue but some reviews suggest is weaker overall, Lynch doesn't use the rear channels anyway and the cinema release was 1990 and i don't think it had a 70mm blowup, i doubt it was originally 5.1 in any form, i'm happy with the one i have but i'd probably be happy with the fixed version and it's sound mix.

The first release which i have isn't region locked, it'll play worldwide just fine.

P.S. I'm happy to be corrected on the above assumption that the film never had a 70mm blowup and magnetic 6 channel track.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
I didn't know about the Lynch set. That's definitely looks like the better option, especially if you're interested in the other films in the set (which I am).

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Good news about the extras on the Twilight Time release then."The Lime Green" DVD set includes deleted scenes for WaH, perhaps we'll see them on Blu-ray one day.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Dick said:
Why? MGM surely isn't gonna give us much more, or any. TT may be the only way we will finally get all the non-Mirimax titles. (Who owns the Allen Mirimax stuff now? I can't even keep track. I so-o-o want BULLETS OVER BROADWAY and MIGHTY APHRODITE!). But TT could still provide us with PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO, SHADOWS AND FOG, ZELIG, and all missing United Artists titles MGM is sitting on, including BANANAS, LOVE AND DEATH, etc. Oh, and Paramount owns PLAY IT AGAIN, SAM. I think we'll see that one turn up shortly from someone.
Miramax properties are now owned by Filmyard Holdings, with video rights licenced to Lionsgate in the US and StudioCanal for Europe. Lionsgate titles in Canada are handled by eOne as the successor to Aliiance Films.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Moe Dickstein said:
Jari, TT's market is the USA and so the statement is accurate to their market. It is the first US blu release here.
It is accepted practice for this kind of statement...anyone purchasing the Blu-rays of HATARI and EL DORADO from WB / Paramount in the US this week will see stickers on the outside packaging announcing "On Blu-ray for the first time" -- but of course both are available already overseas.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Kyrsten Brad said:
Well as The Thing would put it....aawwww Crap!! Now I have to juggle the budget (namely delaying planned Amazon purchases) to get the three on this list that I really really want; Bye Bye Birdie, Thunderbolt & Lightfoot and Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines.

Guess that Stripes, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, License to Drive and Somewhere in Time will have to wait. (Nick Redman, I hope you're happy).

Oh and prices for my three TT selections on Amazon are already beginning to skyrocket. Got my SAE cart set up, now to wait a week or so for the planned funding.

Now TT, when we gonna see Skatetown USA and Thank God Its Friday?

attachicon.gif
410Qv3+zdLL.jpg
UPDATE: My order is in to SAE for my three selections!!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Wow, that was quick. All the King's Men has already sold out. You never know what is going to be popular. I'll bet it's being a Best Picture winner has something to do with it.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Mark-P said:
Wow, that was quick. All the King's Men has already sold out. You never know what is going to be popular. I'll bet it's being a Best Picture winner has something to do with it.
It's still for sale on the SAE site.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
ROclockCK said:
It was gone for most of yesterday Allen. Some thought that meant it had sold out.
Oh, thanks I didn't realize that. I placed a pre order for Mr. Hobbs last night and saw it still listed for sale. As a guy from Louisiana, it does deserve to sell out.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Watched Used Cars this morning.

For the most part, it looks pretty darn good.

A few things I noticed....

There's a really odd blurred shot towards the beginning of the film
where we first see Luke Fuchs (Jack Warden).

There's a noticeable movie flub after the "these prices are too fucking high"
commercial: Roy Fuchs (Jack Warden) attacks Jeff in white car by trying to
run over him. Watch as he attempts to gets out of vehicle twice (once as a
stunt double)

As many times I have seen Used Cars, I never noticed the cameo of
Dick Miller (who is in bed with woman), who went on to appear in many
Joe Dante films.

Wonder if this was one of the first mainstream films to feature footage of
a United States President? Not talking documentary, mind you. I remember
when Contact was released, there was a lot of commotion about the footage
of Bill Clinton that was used.

In all, it was great seeing this film again. I think its success was mostly
due to its continuous airing on cable television in the 1980s when that was
a new medium. All these years later, it hasn't lost one lick of its entertainment value.

This is a worthy Twilight Time purchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Used Cars failed miserably at the box office. When I viewed it back in 1980, I remember seeing it in a rundown downtown theater so it didn't play at the modern movie theater complex located by the mall. Needless to say, my viewing audience included me and a few rats looking for food.

I ordered my disc the other day along with All the Kings Men and Conrack.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I saw this many times on VHS when I was younger. Still love it today and it's just got that great Zemeckis/Gale formula of dark humor and perfect story construction. Love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks