What's new

TV Shows the longest opening themes (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Back when I saw The Moneychangers on TV during the holidays in 1976 I noticed it had a rather long opening theme When I opened the Package containing this show and timed it.. (the opening theme is almost three minutes long!) Does anybody know of other TV Shows (Including Mini Series) that have long opening themes. What shows had opening themes that lasted at least two minutes?

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
The Prisoner has a three minute opening sequence that was used in each episode: two minutes of music followed by one minute of dialogue. The only variation is a new Number Two each week..

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I don't have any idea which television themes would be the longest. But do you think the theme to The A-Team television series would be among them? I also thought of the theme to Airwolf, but that one may not be that long.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Fury had an opening clocking in around 1-1/2 minutes from its first season. Maybe a longer opening in later seasons!

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
Bay City Blues was pretty long - 1:33

I have an A-Team closing theme on tape somewhere that goes on forever. There are bits in it I've never heard before.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
How about Probe, which served as the pilot for the series Search. It clocks in at about 3 minutes! And it has one of the nicest instrumental themes around when it kicks into high gear at about the 45 second mark on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks