What's new

TV Series Whose Remakes/Sequels/Reboots End Up On A Different TV Network (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I know their is a "Coach" sequel coming that I believe will be on NBC. "Coach" was on ABC.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
bmasters9 said:
It was talked about, but, IIRC, never done; Batman stayed on ABC throughout all of its run.

The way I recall it, the network jump was going to be for the 4th season, when NBC wanted to pick the show up after ABC canceled it. But, the sets had been demolished, so NBC pased on it.

Harry-N said:
THE PRICE IS RIGHT was a staple of NBC daytime and primetime, did one season on ABC and then resurfaced in the 70s as a CBS show, where it's long held reign in CBS daytime.

Password has bounced around all the networks and back again.

Password originally aired on CBS from '61-'67. ABC revived it from '71-'75, before wiping the tapes in '76. Password Plus debuted on NBC in 1979, ran through 1982 before cancellation, then was revived as Super Password for another run from '84-'89. Finally, CBS resurrected the show for a brief run as Million Dollar Password in, what, 2007 or 2008?

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
While not technically a reboot, the 4th season of AirWolf (first 3 on CBS) was aired on USA Network and had a completely new cast (and a much lower budget, so it felt like a reboot.

(and while looking this information up, I was saddened to learn that the Airwolf helicopter crashed and was destroyed, along with the deaths of its 3 crew members in 1992.)

mayberry66guy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil
The Andy Griffith Show and its two spinoffs, Gomer Pyle, USMC, and Mayberry RFD, ran on CBS. However, the highly viewed reunion movie, "Return to Mayberry," ran on NBC in April 1986. It featured nearly 20 original cast members.

I am sure if CBS was offered the script for the TV movie reunion, whoever decided to pass on the project got a severe tongue-lashing when Return to Mayberry ended up being the highest-rated TV movie that season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks