What's new

TV-Movies Most Wanted on DVD? (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Another vote for Say Goodbye, Maggie Cole (1972) and Crowhaven Farm (1970) (very good casts).

Dial M for Murder (1981) - stars Angie Dickinson, Christopher Plummer and Anthony Quayle
House on Greenapple Road (1970) - stars Christopher George, Janet Leigh and Julie Harris
A Howling in the Woods (1971) - stars Barbara Eden, Larry Hagman and Vera Miles
One of My Wives is Missing (1976) - stars Jack Klugman, Elizabeth Ashley and James Franciscus
When Michael Calls (1972) - stars Ben Gazzara, Elizabeth Ashley and Michael Douglas.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Does anybody remember this one movie from the 70s...it was like a take on "Sunset Boulevard." It concerned this guy who went to the home of a movie star who was supposedly dead and her body was preserved and on display in a glass casket. Turned out the old housekeeper was really the movie star and the body in the casket was a wax dummy. Well, whatever that movie was, I want that one too :P

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley /t/312516/tv-movies-most-wanted-on-dvd/30#post_3851486
Does anybody remember this one movie from the 70s...it was like a take on "Sunset Boulevard." It concerned this guy who went to the home of a movie star who was supposedly dead and her body was preserved and on display in a glass casket. Turned out the old housekeeper was really the movie star and the body in the casket was a wax dummy. Well, whatever that movie was, I want that one too
I remember it. It's called "Death at Love House". It starred Kate Jackson and Robert Wagner. It's available on DVD via the cheapie public domain companies so the print is kinda lousy.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some more suggestions:

Are You in the House Alone? (1978) - cast includes Kathleen Beller, Blythe Danner, Tricia O'Neil, Dennis Quaid and Alan Fudge (*)
Charlie Cobb: Nice Night for a Hanging (1977) - cast includes Clu Gulager and Pernell Roberts
How Awful About Allan (1970) - cast inclues Anthony Perkins, Julie Harris and Kent Smith
Paper Man (1971) - cast includes Dean Stockwell, Stephanie Powers and James Olson

(*) Via this TV movie's main IMDb page, you can read a Top 50 1970's made for TV horror/thriller movies list. Worth reading.

mustang

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
patrick
BLACK DRAGON OF MANZANAR 1966 Rod Cameron, It Was Made From The TV Series G MEN vs BLACK DRAGON. They Showed It Here In AUS About 40 yrs Ago, Very Fast Paced Has Anyone Else Seen It ?

S

silverking

G Men Versus The Black Dragon, starring Rod Cameron, was an old Republic movie serial made in the 40's.The title you refer to is probably a feature version. A lot of these old serials were cut down to make TV features.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Charles Ellis /t/312516/tv-movies-most-wanted-on-dvd/30#post_3851981
How Awful About Allan is available from several PD sources as well from Alpha Video.
I try to steer away from PD releases, and of the Alpha Video releases I've read reviews of on DVD Beaver the picture/print quality isn't very good.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
When Michael Calls (1972) - stars Ben Gazzara, Elizabeth Ashley and Michael Douglas seems to be in constant rerun on the Fox Movie Channel. I remember one Love Hate Love with Ryan O'neal for some reason. I would like CBS to respect it's fans and release the Wild Wild West Reunion movies along with Gunsomoke and Fox with Peyton Place Revisited Murder in Peyton Place and Peyton Place the Next Generation plus also from Fox the 5 Time Tunnel Movies. The Sleep Hollow Movie is at the top of my list!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some more suggestions:

Adventures of Nick Carter (1972) - cast includes Robert Conrad, Broderick Crawford, Pernell Roberts, Brooke Bundy and Joe Maross
Along Came a Spider (1970) - cast includes Suzanne Pleshette, Andrew Prine, Brooke Bundy and Richard Anderson
Fantasies (aka The Studio Murders) (1982) - cast includes Suzanne Pleshette, Barry Newman and Robert Vaughn
Linda (1973) - cast includes Stella Stevens, John Saxon and Alan Fudge
Memorandum for a Spy (1965) - cast includes J.D. Cannon, Vincent Gardenia, Don Gordon, Martin Milner, Albert Paulsen and Robert Stack
One Police Plaza (1986) - cast includes Robert Conrad, George Dzundza, James Olson, Jamey Sheridan and Anthony Zerbe.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Another one to consider: the mystery Isn't It Shocking? from 1973 starring Alan Alda, Louise Lasser, Ruth Gordon, Lloyd Nolan, Edmond O'Brien, and Will Geer. Who is killing all the old people in a small town? It's up to sheriff Alda to figure this one! Lots of dark humor here, and it was a 90-minute ABC Movie of the Week, which means it only has a running time of 75 minutes or so. This was an ABC Circle production, and I believe the video rights are with MGM/UA/Fox.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Neil Brock /t/312516/tv-movies-most-wanted-on-dvd#post_3827913
I hear through my sources that Fear No Evil and Ritual of Evil will be coming from Shout Factory

Fear No Evil (1969) - Louis Jourdan (Octopussy), Lynda Day George (Mission: Impossible), Carroll O'Connor (In the Heat of the Night), Bradford Dillman and Wilfred Hyde-White in the cast, so it should be pretty good. Ritual of Evil (1970) - along with Louis Jourdan and Wilfred Hyde-White returning, also has Anne Baxter (Arthur Hailey's Hotel) and Georg Stanford Brown (The Rookies) in the cast. Ideally, I'd like to see these released as a double feature title.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
WaveCrest said:
Chameleon (1998) - stars Bobbie Phillips
Chameleon II: Death Match (2000) - stars Bobbie Phillips
Chameleon III: Dark Angel (2000) - stars Bobbie Phillips
Richard, as much as I liked the first film (I didn't care much for the last two), I never could understand the ending for some reason:
The first film ends with Kam riding on her motorcycle in the wilderness with the young boy Ghen. Does she end up being his new permanent mother or something?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Charles Ellis /t/312516/tv-movies-most-wanted-on-dvd/30#post_3855854
Another one to consider: the mystery Isn't It Shocking? from 1973 starring Alan Alda, Louise Lasser, Ruth Gordon, Lloyd Nolan, Edmond O'Brien, and Will Geer. Who is killing all the old people in a small town? It's up to sheriff Alda to figure this one! Lots of dark humor here, and it was a 90-minute ABC Movie of the Week, which means it only has a running time of 75 minutes or so. This was an ABC Circle production, and I believe the video rights are with MGM/UA/Fox.
This TV film's plot does sound very interesting if you like this sort of mystery. A good cast (Will Geer played a memorable role of a scientist in an early Season 2 episode of Hawaii Five-O). Very good suggestion.

Some more suggestions:

A Little Game (1971) - starring Diane Baker, Ed Nelson and Howard Duff
Reflections of Murder (1974) - starring Tuesday Weld and Sam Waterston
Run a Crooked Mile (1969) - starring Louis Jourdan, Mary Tyler Moore, Wildred Hyde-White, Laurence Naismith and Terrance Alexander
The Victim (1972) - starring Elizabeth Montgomery
You'll Never See Me Again (1973) - starring Joseph Campanella and Ben Gazzara.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
vnisanian2001 said:
Richard, as much as I liked the first film (I didn't care much for the last two), I never could understand the ending for some reason:
I've seen some of the first two Chameleon TV movies when they were shown on TV some years ago (sadly they haven't been repeated since). Bearing in mind the budget wasn't great for them, they looked alright. Bobbie Phillips I had previously seen in the X Files episode "War of the Corpohages" .
This is based on it being the UPN network which originally showed the Chameleon trilogy in the US, but would Paramount own the rights?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some more suggestions:

Killer by Night (1972) - stars Robert Wagner, Diane Baker and Greg Morris (unsuccessful TV pilot)
Night Chase (1970) - stars David Janssen and Yaphet Kotto
Nightwatch (1964) - stars Andrew Duggan and Carroll O'Connor (unsuccessful TV pilot).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some more suggestions:

The Hunted Lady (1977) - stars Donna Mills, Andrew Duggan, Geoffey Lewis and Robert Reed
The Secret Night Caller (1975) - stars Robert Reed
The Storyteller (1977) - stars Martin Balsam, Patty Duke and Doris Roberts.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
An Inconvenient Woman 1991. Rebecca DeMornay, Jill Eikenberry, Jason Robards, Roddy McDowell
Soap opera/thriller about a illicit affair that is discovered by a vengeful wifey. Quite a fun way to spend a few hours, and double fun for "Dynasty" fans because they filmed it in the Fioli Mansion. There's an old, old vhs of this.
Bella Mafia 1997. Vanessa Redgrave, Dennis Farina, Nastassja Kinski, Jennifer Tilly, Franco Nero, James Marsden
Kind of a female "Godfather." The ladies in this case seek retribution after all the male members of an Italian crime family are gunned down. Pretty good stuff; however it may suffer from slightly bizarre, hodge-podge, international casting choices (they do make the best of it) and Southern California locations subbing for Italy. Dennis Farina is too Americanized and somewhat unbelievable as an Italian crime lord; Vanessa Redgrave fares far better as his wife. James Marsden, in his first big role really, delves deeply into the mind of a psychotic cast-off son. Worth it, just to see Redgrave and Franco Nero reunited, and continuing their unrequited love scenes from "Camelot." There are dvd copies of this from other regions, but all of them are the "short" versions. Those versions were so badly edited they don't even make sense. The entire 3-hour epic was released in the U.S. on a two-pack vhs set, years and years ago. A proper Region 1 dvd of the complete mini-series is definitely worth hoping for.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The Robert Wagner/Greg Morris TV film pilot Killer by Night was released recently on MOD DVD in the US by CBS Home Entertainment (this past Tuesday, 11th December) (source: Amazon.com).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks