What's new

Trying to find a small AV stand similar to these but less expensive (1 Viewer)

annimossity

Auditioning
Real Name
truitt
As the title says I am trying to find a small AV stand like the one in the link to house my Denon and apple TV. I'd prefer a door on it to keep my little one out since she likes to press buttons. It looks good but the price is a bit more then I want to pay for something that size. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Salamander+Designs+-+Sonoma+C-SO-217-AC+A/V+Equipment+Cabinet/5979762.p?id=1218710479785&skuId=5979762&sellerId=37259571

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Ok "Top: 350 lbs., Max: 500 lbs" is really cool but "$800" is, well, ludicrous. Looks like a night stand that knows someone, to me anyway. Have you checked your local Craigslist? Used furniture is easy to come by and cheap, you might find something that would work perfect and has a door. Even a local wood shop can make you something to your exact specs for a couple hundred dollars, at the most.

Salamander

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
I guess it all depends on what kind of quality you want. I work for Salamander and I see this stuff built in the USA everyday and it is solid high quality stuff. We have a different solution that would be in the $600 range that would even include a lock for the door so your little one would have no way of getting into your stuff. I have attached a screen shot of our custom Configurator that is on our website. It shows a 20" tall unit with a door and door lock in cherry for $602. If you do some research you will see people love our stuff. The best thing is if you ever want to expand your system you don't have to replace the whole unit, just get the parts you need to expand.
3c17f4b4_ScreenShot2013-02-22at4.37.21PM.png

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I have seen the Salamander product at Magnolia AV in the past and it looked well built. I also like how modular it is, so you can make changes over time as your gear changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks