What's new

Transformers 3 (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Inspector Hammer! said:
Hehe, it also marks his return to the Transformers universe as he was the voice of Galvatron in the 1986 animated Transformers The Movie.
I reminded my 10 year old son about that. I was actually geeked out about the fact that Leonard Nimoy played the roll of Sentinel. I also appreciated the line he made during the battle with Optimus;
The need of the many out weight the needs of the few
. I thought it was equal to both 1 and 2, and the action helped me to get through the discrepancies this movie had with the other Transformer movies. I would love to see a forth one with Galvatron as the new Decepticon leader. :star::star::star::half: out of :star::star::star::star:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I would personally love it if they somehow worked Unicron into the story, but I think that would be too ambitious and grand, even for Bay lol. The Dinobots wouldn't hurt, either.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
watching the trailers i thought the thing shockwave had added to him was unicron. still not sure what that was about.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Love it or hate it Transformers 3- Revenge of the Moon has grossed $645m in just 2 weeks. Cor blimey there might never be an end to this series, looking forward to the next one - Megatron Legacy.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
I saw it in Chicago on July 4th and the last hour was very surreal. We were staying in Hotel 71 and it was fun to see all of the building near our hotel destroyed. **/*****

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Watched the Blu-ray this weekend. Ugh. If it's only about the action -- check your brain at the door -- why is it a plodding 2:30 long, and not a taut 90-min action fest? If it's going to be an epic story, why isn't the story marginally coherent? And I was surprised by the extreme robot-on-robot violence! Decapitations. Savage brutality. It was getting nauseating by the end. I used to like Optimus Prime. Not so much now.

Why do the Decepticons shoot down their partner Optimus Sentinel, thus ruining their own plans?

And for a movie with such time spent on details, with every part of the Transformers animated, why do they miss the obvious and have the autobots washed and waxed in car mode, but beat up and damaged from their battles in robot mode?

I've seen worse. It wasn't offensive. It wasn't hateful. But it failed completely to be what it was supposed to be: popcorn fun.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Michael Bay: "I have made three Transformer movies. Pray I don't make any further." I wish we could get Transformers Begins with a whole new--more faithful to the '80s--take on the franchise.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I found these films to be pretty faithful, other than the redesigns the characters and story structure remains pretty much intact. Like I said the plot of this one was taken directly from one of the cartoons. I still am baffled when I see people complaining that the story was "incoherent", I saw the same movie you did and got what was happening fairly easily.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!

I still am baffled when I see people complaining that the story was "incoherent", I saw the same movie you did and got what was happening fairly easily.
Why did the Decepticons attack Optimus Sentinel, ruining their own plans?

Why did they want to teleport in their home planet into low-Earth orbit? That's even stupider than attacking their own partner and ruining their plans: that would have destroyed both planets and ruined their lives.

They're robots: why did they want human slaves? Just build more robots to do the work. It's faster and more efficient.

Why are they killing all the humans? They want them for slaves.

Why did they trick Autobots into bringing him from the moon, instead of getting him directly, capture Optimus and reviving him directly? Would have save 50 years.

Where did all those robots in Chicago come from? How did they get there overnight? (There were just a few teleported in from the moon)

The scene-to-scene events were pretty random at times. Men are on the ground, then climb up a tall building, and then jump out to get back to the ground. Optimus is ensnared in cables. Then he's freed. Optimus is a wuss, and can't handle Sentinel in the best of condition. Then he's a one-armed killing machine, against whom not even Sentenal stands a chance.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
DaveF said:
Why did they want to teleport in their home planet into low-Earth orbit? That's even stupider than attacking their own partner and ruining their plans: that would have destroyed both planets and ruined their lives.

They're robots: why did they want human slaves? Just build more robots to do the work. It's faster and more efficient.

1. They wanted to put it in LEO for easy access to repair it. They didn't care what happened to earth because of that in the long run. 2. They don't "just build more robots". I know, not much of an answer, but they did establish how Transformers are created in a previous movie, and it's no longer possible based on the actions of the same movie. 3. They were killing humans in Chicago, not the whole planet. They were making an example of Chicago to force the rest of the world into obedience. Someone else can answer the other questions. I couldn't remember all the details of the movie well enough to answer them.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
DaveF said:
Why did the Decepticons attack Optimus Sentinel, ruining their own plans?

Why did they trick Autobots into bringing him from the moon, instead of getting him directly, capture Optimus and reviving him directly? Would have save 50 years.

Where did all those robots in Chicago come from? How did they get there overnight? (There were just a few teleported in from the moon)

The scene-to-scene events were pretty random at times. Men are on the ground, then climb up a tall building, and then jump out to get back to the ground. Optimus is ensnared in cables. Then he's freed. Optimus is a wuss, and can't handle Sentinel in the best of condition. Then he's a one-armed killing machine, against whom not even Sentenal stands a chance.
1. One Decepticon attacked Sentinel Prime and that was Megatron, he did it out of fear that he was being used and that he would no longer be commander of the Decepticons. Love that Carly was the one who pointed this out to him BTW. Once Cybertron was in Earth's orbit why keep Sentinel around? Megatron could have assumed control of the plan after that, it's not like the other Decepticons would have objected, they follow whoever is in charge. 2. Because why would they care if Cybertron was here or in it's original location? Plus it was easier to employ the humans to do the work, this addresses your other question about them just building robots as well, my question is with what exactly? The cube has been destroyed so it's no longer possible to convert our machines into new Decepticons. 3. They killed any human they saw in Chicago to eliminate any possible opposition or uprising that might hurt their plan, still plenty of humans left to work. Plus they're Decepticons, killing humans is fun for them lol. It would have been wise for them to wipe out Sam, Epps, Lennox (yes, I cared enough to know their names lol) and his teams as well and it's not like they didn't try. 4. At the time of the crash on the moon the Matrix of leadership, the only thing that can revive a dead Transformer, was lost in the tomb of the Primes in Egypt somewhere so bringing back Sentinel Prime would have been useless. If the Decepticons found the Matrix they would have went to the moon and got him and used it to revive him but the Autobot's ended up with it and since he was one of them they naturally used it to revive him...end result is the same no matter who ended up with the Matrix. 5. For all we know there could have been hundreds of those drones and attackers teleported from the moon, we just didn't witness it. 6. I assume you're referring to the op to take down Shockwave? They dropped down from the building because that's where they were when they formulated the plan. 7. I don't see what the problem is with Prime being caught-up in the cables? He was caught in so many his arms and legs were most likely immobilized. It's reasonable to assume so I think. 8. His killing of Sentinel Prime was a reluctant decision, all throughout the film he held out hope that he could talk him down and into rejoining the Autobot's but he was having none of it, was threatening to destroy the Earth so Optimus quit holding back and let Sentinel have it like the enemy he now was.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!

1. One Decepticon attacked Sentinel Prime and that was Megatron, he did it out of fear that he was being used and that he would no longer be commander of the Decepticons. Love that Carly was the one who pointed this out to him BTW. Once Cybertron was in Earth's orbit why keep Sentinel around? Megatron could have assumed control of the plan after that, it's not like the other Decepticons would have objected, they follow whoever is in charge.
No, the very start of the movie. SP is attacked fleeing with the Pillars, and crashes into the Moon, forgotten for decades. Except SP was allied with Megatron back on Cybertron. Why did Megatron have his ally attacked, thus thwarting his own plan?

Also: I didn't see movie #2. What were those two annoying little robots that lived with Sam?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ah, I forgot about that lol. Even still it's reasonable to guess that in the chaos of the war that was ravaging Cybertron at that time there may have been Decepticons who were not aware of Megatron aligning himself with Sentinel, saw an escaping Autobot ship and shot it down. Who know's really, miscommunication happens all the time in war I'm sure. The two Autobots living with Sam were Wheelie and Brain.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i may be missing something, but for the last 30min+, the most important thing the autobots had to do was shoot down a very exposed, very visible electrical spire/cylinder at the corner of a rooftop. it would have taken 5 seconds. and it wasn't even far away. even in the scene where Bumblebee + co. were being held captive, it was RIGHT THERE, in the shot, a couple blocks away. and as soon as the tables turned on the Decepticons (stuff falling from the sky), Bumblebee of course takes out a whole bunch of Decepticons with his rockets/guns/lasers, still continuing to ignore the spire that's controlling the teleporter that's bringing in the planet that's 10x bigger than earth.

but hey, these movies aren't even supposed to make sense, or even follow their own logic.

i love the sequence with the 3 black SUVs on the highway chasing Bumblebee + Red, with the big fight sequence. there's missles, explosions, culminating in a slo mo shot of Labeouf being hurled out of a transforming Bumblebee, only to be caught again and landing back into a Car-Bumblebee. he's screaming uncontrollably, then says "okay! back to Nest!" cut to the next shot of then getting to Nest, with the SUVs still chasing them obediently for what must have been like 10 minutes :) for some reason, that just cracked me up. i mean, is it just me? the SUVs are obviously fast enough to catch up and attack the autobots in the first place. yet they hang back and let the autobots get to the base for reinforcements. maybe it wouldn't be as funny, or wouldn't smack of such bad writing, if Labeouf hadn't said "back to Nest!" so obviously :) i dunno. in the grand scheme of things that is this movie, it's a minor detail but so representative.

if i had to watch this entire movie unskipped, it would be torture. but watching just the action sequences, it's quite enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks