What's new

TPM DVD ROM features (1 Viewer)

Is it me or are other folks having problems with the DVD ROM features, specifically accessing the website. I can't figure out how the InterActive thing works. Any help would be appreciated.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Sal_Z

Auditioning
I'm having serious problems with it as well. Most people are having problems accessing the website, but I'm having problems as soon as I insert the DVD disc. I've installed InterActual, and it works without the disc, however, as soon as I enter the disc, it seems to load, the window for InterActual resizes as if getting ready to play the DVD, but then nothing happens. I can't press any buttons on the InterActual program. After a few seconds, I'll press Cntl-Alt-Delete and it says that InterActual is "not responding." Again, InterActual works without the DVD disc (like a regular browser, etc.), and the DVD disc works without InterActual. But for some reason, InterActual freezes when attempting the load TMP disc 2. Help me please! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing seems to work!
-Salza
------------------

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Tom: install that stupid Interactive or whatever software it is that the DVD comes with, then use it to play the DVD. When the menu comes up, select Starwars.com then select DVD.starwars.com and it will take you there to the special TPM DVD website.
-Tom

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tom Ryan: No it won't (at least for me)... I load their stupid InterActual browser. Go through the menus. Click on Starwars.Com. Click on Dvd.Starwars.Com. It starts to load slowly, then gives me a "The page cannot be displayed. The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings." I'd appreciate knowing what the secret is.
------------------
My DVD Collection
My Preorders
My Wishlist
[Edited last by Adam Lenhardt on October 16, 2001 at 03:08 PM]

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I installed Interactive successfully. When I run it, it says not enough free space on hard disk. What the hell? My windows partition has 2 GB free. However my first partition C: is only 24 MB. Is this software that ... that it tries to write something on C: and not the windows partition which is also where it is installed?
furious.gif

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Haven't tried accessing the DVD website yet but whenever I play on my laptop, Interactual always stops when the STAR WARS fades away, just before the ship comes out of warp and the main menu comes up. I have to press stop on the Interactual player which brings me to a root menu.
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I just tried to get onto the site and the site said they have technical difficulties. Probably too many people trying to get on at the same time.
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Jaime m

Agent
I would bet that the site is having trouble handling all the people trying to get on. It works, i accessed the dvd rom features last night and it worked fine.
Just so you know when you log on with your dvd you get 2 more of the tone poems, 3 more of the mini-docu diaries as well as more stills and a slide show mini-preview of Ep 2 called "choices". And from what they said on the website they will continue to unveil more dvd only features in the next few months, so there is more to come.
the coolest part however is the link they give you for the Ep.2 trailer that debuts on NOV. 9.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
I'm also willing to bet that the site is down today...........it wasn't last night, however, and I logged on and checked out the Episode II preview....which includes a picture of someone in Mandalorian armor on what looks like Tatooine! Looks amazing!
-Tom

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tom: Sorry if I jumped down your troat. I was worried I wouldn't be able to access it. I just popped the disc out of the PC and into my settop player, and watched 'The Beginning.' Calmed me right down. Well, if it's just the server overloaded, I'll go download the 'Choices' video off *UNSPECIFIED FILE SHARING PROGRAM" now.
------------------
My DVD Collection
My Preorders
My Wishlist

Real Name
John Haghighi
The site is back up but it's not much of a trailer a major teaser some clips, a few stills, and a come back 11/09
Weak..

Mike Romo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Romo
I am just going to make the wild assumption that DVD ROM stuff doesn't work on a Mac?
Anyone tried it? I dug through and tried to load the index.html locally but it doesn't seem to do anything.
any mac users have any success?
thanks
mike

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
The instruction screen says that the DVD ROM material isn't available to Mac users.
Sigh.
You'd think they'd at least provide a special URL -- not just for Mac users, but for those PCers who may not have a DVD ROM drive.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Well, I managed to get onto the site at about 6:30 PM over here on the West Coast. Those of you who are upset because you don't have a DVD-ROM drive or own a Mac, just chill; there's not a whole lot on there. The only exclusive features is what Jaime M. said:
Just so you know when you log on with your dvd you get 2 more of the tone poems, 3 more of the mini-docu diaries as well as more stills and a slide show mini-preview of Ep 2 called "choices".
Everything else you can access from the regular starwars.com site. I'm sure more and more content will be added in the coming weeks, but for now there's nothing on there that isn't worth more than a quick once-over.
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
No, this doesn't work on a Mac, which is interesting since the film is edited on a Mac, the cover art most probably was done on a Mac....
I really hate this PC only DVDROM crap - I pay as much for the disc as a PC owner. They should be providing a direct URL to web sites. Also, any DVDROM material that requires an install should be outlawed. There is no thought of forward compatability. Will I be using Windows 98 in 2003? I doubt it.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks