What's new

Toshiba 2:3 problems (1 Viewer)

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I have a Toshiba 40H80 and I activated the 2:3 pulldown with a cinema 7 remote. I also have a Panasonic A-310. The problem is that on some DVDs, specifically Gladiator and Pollock, the picture will jump as if it has been just activated.
What's worse is that sometimes there is an effect where anything that moves leaves a trail, like a light at night. This does not happen all of the time and goes away when I turn DNR to off.
Any suggestions? I am nearly ready to get an RP91 but I would still like to solve this problem.
Thanks

Ryan Wesson

Auditioning
I have experienced the same thing a couple of times on random dvds. I will have to put Gladiator in to see if i can reproduce it there.

Nathan_H

Second Unit
I found that this was an occasional problem with my old Toshiba DVD player -- when downconverting anamorphic DVDs for display on my Toshiba 4:3 set, before the 3:2 inverse telecine upgrade was done on my set.
I haven't seen it when using my current progressive DVD player -- with or without DNR enabled on my (now "upgraded" to inverse 3:2) set.
So I've seen something like this -- but under different circumstances.
------------------

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
It is somewhat disturbing because the way the picture keeps jumping reminds me of when my eprom was dying. I had it replaced but that jump in the picture still scares me.
BTW does anyone notice a huge difference with 2:3 on? I never really notice it other than jagged lines are a bit smoother, not by much though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks