What's new

Torino fortress? (Opening ceremonies) (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
As the lead-in to NBC's Olympic coverage, they did a piece showing different sights around Torino. One of them was some kind of fortress on the top of a mountain. It was covered in snow, and it looked like something like eight turrets in a row, some of them ruined. It looked awesome! Like something that should have been on Hoth or in Middle Earth. Does anyone have any idea what this might have been?

I think you might be referring to the fortifications at Briançon in the French Alps. Briançon is located across the border from the Torino region. The fortifications include the fortified Old Town (Vieille Ville), Fort Randouillet, and Le Fort de Tetes.

Here's a link to a photo gallery:
Briancon Gallery

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
There isn't an aerial shot that lets me see exactly what I saw, but that does seem like it probably is it. I did another search on Briançon, and found something called the infernet that looked like it. And, the broadcast did mention fortifications. Thanks! The area is definitely a beautiful backdrop for the Olympics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks