What's new

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Panman40 said:
My copy of Free Birds arrived from Australia today, I think I need to quit buying for a while now!.
Keep buying, we need a guinea pig for all these new titles, :P hurry up and watch Free Birds, if it's any good i may buy it. :3dglasses:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
FoxyMulder said:
Keep buying, we need a guinea pig for all these new titles, :P hurry up and watch Free Birds, if it's any good i may buy it. :3dglasses:
Lol, I got the nut job , rio 2, chicken little and man in the dark to come, if I'm going to be a guinea pig I should order G Force I guess :p

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
My copy of Turtle's Tale arrived today. Looks good so far but I didn't have time to watch all of it.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Paul Hillenbrand said:
Wizard of Oz 3D is one of a few conversions that is actually very good and IMO, deserves the place in the Top 30 must-own 3D titles. Titanic, & Pacific Rim are also excellent 3D features showing conversion workmanship. Gravity IMO, was greatly helped by the black-background of space accentuating the extent of z-plane illusion and the catalyst activating visual reaction.
I thought Pacific Rim was native 3D, not converted. Am I incorrect ?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Tino said:
I thought Pacific Rim was native 3D, not converted. Am I incorrect ?
It was post-converted. Del Toro apparently supervised the process and approved the shots, and some of the CGI may have been natively rendered in 3D.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Josh Steinberg said:
It was post-converted. Del Toro apparently supervised the process and approved the shots, and some of the CGI may have been natively rendered in 3D.
The CGI in Pacific Rim uses native 3D models, making it a hybrid, similar to Gravity. Live-action was shot in 2D and then post converted. For Gravity, post converted faces were super-imposed within actual suits.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Panman40 said:
Wow!!, I had forgotten just how awesome the 3D is on Turtles Tale, there is massive separation on things in the foreground, I just can't believe how gorgeous this looks, now if only Disney would do this...
You should see it on a projection screen, it's even better.

If only Disney would do this..........I so agree and would add Fox, Pixar and some of the others to that list.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Panman40 said:
Chicken little arrived from USA today, at this rate I will have to retire.
I hope you got the slipcover case, i really am itching to get my screen up, waiting to get a sample of UltraBlack a photographers paper, i was thinking of putting that paper on the walls and ceiling, it's the type of paper you see behind photographic subjects in studio's, not sure if it's suitable for keeping everything in the room dark thus i asked for a sample to check it out.

Did i mention that to you already............probably not. :D

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
FoxyMulder said:
I hope you got the slipcover case, i really am itching to get my screen up, waiting to get a sample of UltraBlack a photographers paper, i was thinking of putting that paper on the walls and ceiling, it's the type of paper you see behind photographic subjects in studio's, not sure if it's suitable for keeping everything in the room dark thus i asked for a sample to check it out. Did i mention that to you already............probably not. :D
I did indeed!, just how black is this cinema room going to be ?, you should have gone to B&Q and got 25 ltrs of the base black emulsion they use to mix paints, its blacker than a black cat in a coal cellar with its eyes shut :p.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Panman40 said:
I did indeed!, just how black is this cinema room going to be ?, you should have gone to B&Q and got 25 ltrs of the base black emulsion they use to mix paints, its blacker than a black cat in a coal cellar with its eyes shut :P.
It needs to be a non-reflective black and paints can be reflective, also i am a bad painter, did i mention i am rubbish at DIY, probably many times, since photographers use this material as a background for their subject then i was thinking it's probably non-reflective and very good when light from the projector is on in the room, certainly cheaper than black velvet.

I am after as pitch black as possible, i already have a black carpet on the floor, anyone entering the room has to wear black too. :lol:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
FoxyMulder said:
It needs to be a non-reflective black and paints can be reflective, also i am a bad painter, did i mention i am rubbish at DIY, probably many times, since photographers use this material as a background for their subject then i was thinking it's probably non-reflective and very good when light from the projector is on in the room, certainly cheaper than black velvet. I am after as pitch black as possible, i already have a black carpet on the floor, anyone entering the room has to wear black too. :lol:
It doesn't look reflective to me, its very flat and black. How can you go wrong painting ceiling and walls, infact everything black with a brush ? Lol, I did hear you were not the best at DIY....!!

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Panman40 said:
It doesn't look reflective to me, its very flat and black. How can you go wrong painting ceiling and walls, infact everything black with a brush ? Lol, I did hear you were not the best at DIY....!!
Oh c'mon, i'll get paint everywhere, it smells awful unless you get water based stuff and, it's easier to put paper on the walls. :P

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
FoxyMulder said:
Oh c'mon, i'll get paint everywhere, it smells awful unless you get water based stuff and, it's easier to put paper on the walls. :P
Easier to put paper on the wall than paint ?, your right your DIY skills are limited lol :p.I will drive 600 mls and do your DIY in return you persuade my wife to let me have a projector...!

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Panman40 said:
I will drive 600 mls and do your DIY in return you persuade my wife to let me have a projector...!
Divorce her and get the projector, you know it makes sense. :P

P.S. If she reads this thread i just want to say i didn't type that, it was my pesky cat, i banished her to the kitchen. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petr
Recent bookmarks