What's new

Theatrical Time Warner lies about house of wax on their t.c.m. film festival 2023 (1 Viewer)

whyme?

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael mcgee
This year's film festival will include the 3D version of house of wax, but on the t.c.m. website, they had some misinformation. They claimed that it was the first color feature in 3d.Bull! It was the first 3D feature in 4-channel stereophonic sound, which is now lost and has been recreated as two channels. The fact is that it was Warner's first 3D color feature. If anyone doesn't know the first color feature in 3d was Arch Obler's Bwana devil in 52. It was a hit and Warner decide to make its 3D debut. Harry Cohen found out earlier about Warner Brothers, so he decided to make a low-budget black and white noir 3d movie, so it would be put out before the house of wax. This was not even ballyhoo, This was lying.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure I would go so far as to say they are lying. Maybe they just don't recognize United Artists as a major American Studio.

bwanadec11.jpg

whyme?

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael mcgee
This is me again. I made a big boo .boo.About the advertisement for the house of wax that I read on the t.c.m. film festival website. I read it too fast. It actually said it was the first color 3D film to be released by a major studio..When I first read it I probably had mental blinders and didn't see the full sentence. Bwana was not produced by a studio it was independent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks