What's new

THX Ultra certification extended to...cars ??!! (1 Viewer)

Brendon

Second Unit
I apologise for this being slightly off topic - if this ought to have posted in the after hours forum, I apologise up front!
Now then before I start, I own a THX certified setup myself and do not want to start yet another debate on "Does THX equal good home theatre". But...
THX Ultra Premium Car Audio - press release
WTF ??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
How far are we off the THX Ultra Elevator Program to ensure the tonally acurate delivery of muzac whilst, adjusting the degree of re-equalisation applied depending whether the carriage is ascending or descending.
:eek:
Cheers,
Brendon

John Royster

Screenwriter
laugh out loud.
I repeat - LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My new website - Link Removed THE ONLY THX CERTIFIED DIGITAL CABLES! bwahhahahaahahah. All the way to the bank - patent pending.

Bergan Peters

Stunt Coordinator
THX is a joke. It's nothing BUT a marketing scheme. There is also THX COMPUTER speakers. You are trying to tell me that it's anything BUT marketing? The only people that defend THX are the people that buy the gear.

David John

Stunt Coordinator
The new BMW 7 series is going to have a Harman Kardon sound system with Logic-7 surround sound.

2 subs, one under each front seat.

supposed to sound great, at least for a car.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I actually look at this as good news, especially considering the fact that THX plans to bring multi-channel sound to the car. DTS was supposed to do this (I still own a DTS/Circle Surround mobile processor I never got around to installing), but lack of software was the major killer.

If the car audio world comes on-board with DVD-A or SACD we could really see those formats taking off.

In the end though this will probably end up being nothing more than an ad line along the lines of a "quality" Bose sound system. Knowing the materials Bose uses on their drivers, I would probably choose THX certification anyday on a new car.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks