What's new

THX 3417, Small but very loud! (1 Viewer)

andySu

Senior HTF Member

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
By looking at you other threads I came to ask myself, "what does Kate Beckinsale have to do with JBL?" Granted Kate Beckinsale is beautiful and should consider myself lucky to see her picture, right? So thanx for sharing, and cool home theater.

Seth=L

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Seth=L

Thanks.

It’s a JBL Underworld thing, that film is “Just Bloody Loud” JBL and sucks other vampire movies dry!

So I edited Kate, by placing the JBL logo in the lower right hand corner of the image, she’s a hot baby…

Anyway glade you liked it, and hope it was amusing, it’s still under slow construction and as soon as I can get the front loudspeakers placed on a horizontal platform about 1” over the (SONY) where I can also get screen channels 2 & 4 in the right positions I can then do some more (re-plugging).

The Surrounds sound just like they do, (total envelopment) still, I’m x8 JBL control 1 shy, but has it stands at the moment, it’s like being in a darn good cinema, none of this dipolar nonsense, where cost VS specifications…

corona13

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael
Hey AndySu, great home theater.

Why don't you work on covering up those speaker wires, though?

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Corona13

Thanks

I have the (mini cable truncking) I really just haven’t gotten around to installing as of yet, but I will soon!

Frost

Auditioning
Real Name
David Sherar
Don't you find the home theatre experience a little "wanting", when viewed on a 27" 4:3 curved screen? Sound is 50% of the equation and by the looks of things (with the exception of the snake's nest of cables) that part looks nailed to the max.

Now the only thing left to do to bring the other 50% up to snuff is investing in a decent display medium.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Frost

Hello there

You do make a valid point there, have you got any spare dosh mate to I cane run out and buy an affordable front video projection system! :D

And a perforated screen will be the final trimmings, the icing the cake so to speak

The 27” SONY has had a good and fruitful life for its age, no it doesn’t worry me at all mate, if the sound was anything but, then I would be really depressed, the image issue is the easy part, the sound issue is the most difficulty part of the set-up!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks