What's new

The worst insult I've ever gotton! (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
In my family, I'm know as "Sound man" or "The speaker guy"
Wellll,
Last night while at my kid cousins' place I was helping him hook up one of those dopey shelf systems most people (including me) hate..
In which he repeatedly told me "My shelf system is better than any crud you have"
My $3,000 HT sound system being compared to some teenagers shelf system? ACHH!!!
How insulting!
I was about to cry!
Oh well,
Nathan

Alex Shk

Stunt Coordinator
From another "sound guy", who is always hooking up everyone else's electronics - I have learned never to shit on anyone's new purchase. When I do hear comments like that - I always invite them over at a later time and play some of THEIR selections on my equipment.
I always find that after that - I still don't have to say anything. I just smile inside.
------------------
[Edited last by Alex Shk on September 15, 2001 at 12:13 PM]

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I have to agree with Alex.
Or my favourite is "It's a nice little starter system". They feel like they are being complemented and you get to say what you want to say. Mind you, my system would be a "nice little starter system" to most of you guys though.
biggrin.gif

Rich
------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

NathanP

Supporting Actor
I could too...
Questionable religious remark removed by Moderator.
Nathan
------------------
"Fascinating Captian"
--Spock
Visit www.speedemenu.com
[Edited last by Mike Voigt on September 15, 2001 at 05:14 PM]

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Nathan,
Don't be too hard on them. I am sure their gansta rap sounds good to them on their shelf system.
They can't even appreciate the type of music you could enjoy on your system.
------------------

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
quote: The worst insult I've ever gotton![/quote]
quote: In my family, I'm know as "Sound man" or "The speaker guy"[/quote]
We're all thankful, Nathan, that you're not known as the "Spelling Dude" or the "Grammar Guy". :)
Just kiddin' ya,
Jon
------------------
"This one goes to eleven." (Nigel Tufnel)
[Edited last by Jon_Are on September 15, 2001 at 06:21 PM]

chris_sharpe

Stunt Coordinator
don't be insulted by a kid who probably thinks subwooferss only go in cars.
by the way does he drool a lot because that might be part of the explanaton.
laugh.gif

------------------
MOVIES ARE A RELIGION.
SO PRAY TO THE DVD GODS.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Hey, those of us who are stuck with HTBs aren't all bad
Mine sounds great considering what I paid for it, when I get a dedicated house, THEN I can get something to rattle the windows. Until then, I'm good to go
Jeff Kleist

Paul James

Stunt Coordinator
In my family, I'm know as "Sound man" or "The speaker guy" Wellll,
Last night while at my kid cousins' place I was helping him hook up one of those dopey shelf systems most people (including me) hate..
In which he repeatedly told me "My shelf system is better than any crud you have"
My $3,000 HT sound system being compared to some teenagers shelf system? ACHH!!!
How insulting!
I was about to cry!
Oh well,
Nathan
Oh please, you can't be serious. You forgot to mention how old you are and how old your cousin is , by the sound of it you are both about 3 years old. Your post reminded me of two little children fighting over whose ice cream tastes nicer. If you are an adult I can't believe you'd post this, he's a kid ! Get over it !
Paul.

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Oh well, then I guess you have a shelf sytem...
Nice training wheels...
I bet you get kicked out of the house all the time for it being so loud..
Nathan

Craig Chatterton

Stunt Coordinator
Nathan, don't sweat it. I get that all the time about my PC. I'm the "PC Dude" of the family and people are always saying their's has more memory, or their's has a better video card or their's has more hard drive space. I always respond "Yeah, but mine stays working longer!"
biggrin.gif

Maybe after his remark you should have wired one of his speakers backwards. I bet he never would have known the difference.
laugh.gif

------------------
Virgo: All Virgo's are extremely friendly and intelligent, except for you. Expect a big surprise today, when you wind up with your head impaled upon a stick.

NathanP

Supporting Actor
heheheh..
Maybe I will..
When my cousin noticed that his right speaker wasn't functioning he quickly called me over and asked me what was wrong. On one end of his speaker wire, the wire had broken off.. As I was reaching for the wire cutters to get some more speaker wire out, he loudly yelled " Don't cut my speaker wire, speaker wire isn't meant to be cut!"
I gently replied "Sure man, your the expert."
:)
Got him there..
Nathan
------------------
"Fascinating Captian"
--Spock
Visit www.speedemenu.com

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
I have also found it is not a desirable thing to rain on anyones parade when they make a new purchase.
A friend of mine recently told me about him purchasing a 61" Toshiba widescreen (I thought their sizes were 47, 56 and 65 inches?). Anyways he asked me if I had color stream connections for my tv. I asked him if he meant a component video connection which was three cables. He said no I have an optical connection for my video. I just said ummmm, OK. I didn't think it was a wise time to start educating him, but I would imagine he is watching the TV somehow, but It sure aint through that optical connection
laugh.gif
Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks