What's new

THE WIRE season 3 (ongoing thread) (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

lorna

Auditioning
Sorry about repeating the same information.

David Simon said at the wire seminar it will be another month until HBO makes up there mind about season 4

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
truthfully though I feel like almost all of the storylines have come to a logical conclusion, i mean there is always going to be another drug dealer to catch so if it doesn't rerturn then i can accept that.

lorna

Auditioning
According to David Simon on a radio show buy the dvd now of season 1 and 2 of "The Wire", than later on, if you want a season 4, as it going to get the chop. If you do not.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Simon's interview on WGN radio is now available online:

http://wgnradio.com/shows/digilio_nick/audio/index.html

While Simon does encourage fans to buy the DVDs, he never says that DVD sales will determine whether there's a fourth season. He confirms what's already been widely reported: namely, that he's writing material for HBO to convince them that the show still has "legs" after finishing the Barksdale storyline.

M.

lorna

Auditioning
According to tv guide, that HBO will make announcement within a week, if they will be a season 4

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
That is good news. I don't understand why more people don't watch The Wire. I think it is one of the best dramas on TV.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Great news! Obviously whatever Simon wrote up for HBO convinced them that there was more ground to cover.

It's a daunting show for anyone used to series television, or even to HBO's drama series. It doesn't provide early payoffs, and it demands that the viewer keep track of a huge cast of characters without a lot of the traditional exposition found in network shows. And it's a hard show for new viewers to pick up. Just imagine trying to watch season 3 if you haven't seen the first two seasons.

M.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
So... When do we get to see more of Baltimore's dark underbelly? I truly miss this show.

Any date for the S4 premiere?

--
H

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The Wire was most definitely not canceled. HBO made an official announcement about renewal, which is linked above.

According to the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, the series will return next fall. What will be interesting is whether it returns to the 9pm Sunday spot, or gets put off until 10pm behind a more popular series (such as Rome).

M.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Cool beans, thanks.

The Wire is by far the best cop drama I've ever seen, and one of the very best series around.

It is unfortunate that it doesn't have a larger audience. I certainly rank it above The Sopranos and Deadwood, and nose below Six Feet Under (S1 & S2) as far as HBO series go.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks