What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Way of the Wind

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Title: The Way of the Wind

Genre: Drama

Director: Terrence Malick

Cast: Géza Röhrig, Matthias Schoenaerts, Mark Rylance, Joseph Fiennes, Douglas Booth, Alfonso Postiglione, Lorenzo Gioielli, Con O'Neill, Aidan Turner, Ben Kingsley, Numan Acar, Laëtitia Eïdo, Joseph Mawle, Karel Roden, Martin McCann, Sarah-Sofie Boussnina, Ali Suliman, Nabil Elouahabi, Emilio De Marchi, Björn Thors, Ori Pfeffer, Selva Rasalingam, Tawfeek Barhom, Rakeen Saad, Magnús Jónsson, Fedja Stukan, Makram J. Khoury, Dejan Bućin, Joe Azzopardi, Sofia Danu, Martin Herdman, Zlatan Vidović, Jördis Richter, Samir Fuchs, Mathieu Kassovitz, Andrea Garofalo

Plot: A dramatization of several episodes in the life of Christ.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Malick shot 3,000 hours of footage for the film

The workprint he has cut down to 2978 hours though. He intends to bring the final cut in at under 2500 hours so, slightly longer than Killers of the Flower Moon.

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The story seems to be the film is still in post and he is still cutting it. Just figured with that much film it could be a Netflix series or something.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
0.1% of that is still a three hour film.

Well, just to watch the 3000 hours he shot he would need to watch it 24 hours a day for 125 days. If he worked on watching it for 8 hours a day, that would take 375 days, just to watch the footage. So, choosing shots, assembling a cut, going back to find and add or change a shot...I'm thinking that is at least 4 to 5 years of work. So, if you think about it, since he finished shooting in 2019, he's kind of ahead of schedule on this.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Oh, I want to see this film whenever it comes out, make no mistake.

I want to see it as well. I've enjoyed Malick's work, obviously mostly prefer the earlier stuff but he is a unique filmmaker and so, whenever this happens I will see it.

I just was amused at 3000 hours of film. Essentially because of the story, I forget who told it, of Malick shooting a dialogue scene between two actors and as he is shooting it the actors notice that not even a third of the way into the dialogue, Malick has the camera pointed up into the trees and not at them. I think one of the actors said it was a "humbling experience."

I just wonder of the 3000 hours he shot, is it a good bet that 2998 of those hours do not have an actor in the shot?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks