What's new

The Voice Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For me, at least most of the contestants on "The Voice" have had some experience with singing for crowds or been through the bar gigs (though there are some youngsters who have nice voices), but the talent is usually better than the many inexperienced contestants you see on American Idol. It's good and bad, there's probably a reason why these experienced singers couldn't cut it and just won't give up their dreams of making it as a singer, and AI viewers get subjected to some really cringe-inducing performances since only one goes home per week once they get down to the final 10 or 12 contestants. "The Voice" gets boring once America does the voting too, though, you just look on the Itunes sales and get an idea who's the frontrunner.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Brad Delpy's somewhat recent death highlighted how hard "More Than A Feeling" really is to sing balls-out, as James stumbled, and stumbled rather karaoke-like, too.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Wolpert and Chinn were the only two to really impress last night. The uselessness of the coach comments was fully evident after Grey's trainwreck performance of Paramore's "Still Into You." How they could say what they did with a straight face was beyond me.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Grey was struggling hard with her Paramore song. I wasn't super-blown-away by any of them last night.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It was still more bearable than Grey's performance, the difference being there's more powerhouse vocals in Paramore's song than in Robin Thicke's.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I guess my pick would have been Kat as well, but there's something off-putting about her. I think she comes off as trying too hard, in a lot of different ways.

At this point, I'm mainly watching for Christina. :D

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Patrick Sun said:
Brad Delpy's somewhat recent death highlighted how hard "More Than A Feeling" really is to sing balls-out, as James stumbled, and stumbled rather karaoke-like, too.
It's Delp, not Delpy. As a Boston fan, I could not in good conscience let that go. :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Not heavily into this show, but do enjoy it occasionally.

Have always liked Adam Levine, but he has dropped way down on my list. Switching channels I came across him doing an infomercial for some acne cream product.

Big mistake, I tend to lose a lot of respect for people when they start doing commercials.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Maybe he's doing the commercial so they'll pay the wedding.If he is still engaged to Anne V., then that is why he did the commercial. One of her endorsements is the parent group company.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I just now got to watching the elimination show...

Roam...ehh. This song goes to show song choice is key. Nobody is going to doubt Ceelo can sing. But a flatly sung song does not suit him...at all.

Hard Days Night. Can we get that on the radio please.(no question mark on purpose) Seriously. Those 4 could frickin tour together.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I agree that was the best group sing, mainly because their voices work so well together. Most groups have been so different that it's usually just a hodge podge experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks