What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
An excellent film noir of the 1950s complete with televised crime commission hearings, crooked cops, and cynical reporters, William Dieterle’s The Turning Point’s eighty-five minutes are well worth seeing.

The Turning Point (1952)

Released: 01 Dec 1952
Rated: Passed
Runtime: 85 min

Director: William Dieterle
Genre: Crime, Drama, Film-Noir

Cast: William Holden, Edmond O'Brien, Alexis Smith
Writer(s): Warren Duff, Horace McCoy

Plot: Jerry McKibbon is a tough, no nonsense reporter, mentoring special prosecutor John Conroy in routing out corrupt officials in the city, which may even include Conroy's own police detective father as a suspect.

IMDB rating: 6.9
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Paramount...

Continue reading...

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
I recently pulled the trigger on Imprint's Volume 3 as Kino hasn't indicated The Desperate Hours is coming from them and the Imprint has more extras on both this title and The Strange Love of Martha Ivers. I'm looking forward to watching this one as I like Edmond O'Brien.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for the fine review. I think it's one of Kino's better video presentation and concur with the 4.5 grade. I liked this movie so much, I bought it twice on Blu-ray.:blush: I bought the Imprint Volume 3, when DD had a 15% coupon I could apply to it. Also, I bought the Kino Blu-ray because I want them to continue to release such movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks