What's new

The Sizzlin' Jane Russell [discussion thread] (1 Viewer)

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
When I think about Jane Russell, there's always a few things that immediately come to mind: her career beginnings with Howard Hughes, her sultry photos with a haystack as a backdrop, her Christian ideals, and the fact that she's a star in one of my favorite musicals, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953).

While her filmography is sparse compared to her contemporaries, she did have several box office successes. Her on-screen persona, that of a sarcastic, yet attractive woman, stood in sharp contrast with the wholesomeness of those comparable to Doris Day and the sexiness of those comparable to Marilyn Monroe.

Still, Jane Russell remains one of my favorite classic Hollywood actresses.

Any other fans?

1669993769659.png

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
The French Line
I saw this movie (or pieces of it) some years ago when TCM aired it. Overall, I wasn't terribly impressed. It was Howard Hughes' attempt to cash-in on the success Gentlemen Prefer Blondes had been the year before.

Still, I'd probably buy the Blu-ray, or at least be intrigued to buy it.

Gentlemen Marry Brunettes
To the best of my knowledge, I haven't any memory of seeing this movie. For some reason, I feel TCM aired it before as well, but I don't believe I watched it.

I'd like to have this movie just because it's the "sequel" to Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks