What's new

The Simpsons S3 - When? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
I think part of the problem is the syndication schedule.
I haven't seen a good Season 3-10 episode on for awhile. I don't know who controls what's syndicated, but man... I've been dying to see the softball episode from S3...

Matthew Furtek

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I haven't seen a good Season 3-10 episode on for awhile. I don't know who controls what's syndicated, but man... I've been dying to see the softball episode from S3...
I haven't seen any reruns of the early seasons of The Simpsons on TV in years.

Well, someone made a very good point about the Simpsons on a newsgroup. You can read the posts at http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...0mb-cg.aol.com

The persons newsgroup post said this (excerpt):

It's hard for the staff of The Simpsons to record commentary tracks on top of
the regular work they have to do for new episodes of the show.

James Reader

Screenwriter
I think Matt's interview regarding the commentaries was rather tongue in cheek - I wouldn't take it that seriously regarding the delays.

Most of the evidence seems to suggest the season 1-3 commentaries were all recorded at the same time. That doesn't stop new commentaries being recorded though, and perhaps USA Today heard about commentaries being recorded and assumed they were for Season 3 as it was next to street.

Personally I think the delays are for music clearance rights. The Simpsons makes use of lots of popular, well known music. If Fox state Ally McBeal will never be released in the USA due to music clearance issues, I can see the rights on the Simpsons releases being just as big a nightmare... if not more! And it's better to have the episodes released with the original music tracks, than cheap subsitutions. Fox know the Simpsons sets sell, so I'm sure they're doing their best to get a good product out as quickly as possible.

You will notice the Futurama sets are coming out at a faster rate (in the rest of the world anyway) and I put this down to being newer, most of the secondary rights issues would have been included in the original contracts. If this is so, hopefully some of the newer later seasons or the Simpsons will be the same, and turnaround on the season sets will be much quicker.

JeremiahFenerty

Auditioning
I want up through Season 8, after that I couldn't care less. Season 9 was when I went from being in love with the Simpsons to really angry at how sucky the show became. I watched the rest of Season 9 before I gave up, just to give it a chance to get better. Since then I have watched several episode from Season 10 onwards, and have hated every one without fail. I am looking forward to getting the next six seasons on DVD though.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I know that the Simpsons aren't as good as what they used to be, but I still love the show. Sub-Par Simpsons is better that no Simpsons in my book. I still get at least one or 2 good laughs from every episode. And even a not very good episode is still much better than most other shows

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I've been dying to see the softball episode from S3...
We're talkin' softball
from Maine to San Diego,
we're talkin' softball,
Mattingly and Canseco,
Ken Griffey's grotesquely swollen jaw,
Steve Sax and his run-in with the law,
we're talkin' Homer,
Ozzie and the Straw

Classic episode!

:D

James Reader

Screenwriter
MG: We're doing both DVD sets of Simpsons and Futurama. Virtually everybody on this panel worked on audio commentaries for Futurama. We did audio commentaries for every episode. And it was a little easier on Futurama. We haven't run out of things to say about Futurama. The Simpsons, on the other hand, we have 280 or so episodes. And we've finished the audio commentaries for the second season now, and basically we're just, you know, whistling and stuff, because we've run out of things to say.

The Simpsons DVD…. In addition to the first 13 episodes, it has some scene excerpts from the very first episode of The Simpsons, which almost killed the show because it was so bad. And the great thing about that is the audio commentary, because you'll here the producers screaming, basically, while they watch this. There's no screaming on the Futurama audio commentary, which should be out around Christmas or January.

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
James I agree with you on the music rights issue. It's been my suspicion all along. Especially from Season 3 onward they used more and more popular songs.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Tossing 2 cents in as yet another rabid Simpsons freak:

The release rate is devastatingly slow, but I guess this is one of those "good things come to those who wait / patience is a virtue" moments.

If it takes 10 months to make a product like Seasons 1 and 2, I guess that's a trade off we have to deal with.

(An announcement on S3 would be nice though...) ;)

And more kudos for the Futurama set! Tis very slick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks