What's new

The Shield: Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
for those with a dvr, can anyone find a good shot of all of the names on the betting pool on who danny's baby daddy is?

i personally think its jullian or vic.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

That would be an excellent mis-direction by the writers.

We are lead to assume it is the junkie CI with the kid from last season that Whitaker referred to as the "CI he has on the inside". That was reinforced with him giving her money just before Acevada showed up at the safe house.

Dan Mc

Stunt Coordinator
Great start to the season, a full out riot on the first episode with Vic manning the firehose, so much for starting slowly like last season.

It won't take long for Vic to figure out his CI has turned against him, it looks like he already knows something is up with the way he was looking around her apartment and how she didn't really need his money. Can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
As far as how many shows there are this season.. I was at the f/x message boards and they (members of the forum) are saying 11 shows this season and the 2007 season 10 shows.

That is kind of depressing...... Of course this is just speculation...

I also forgot to mention, what do you think about mackey getting forced out via retirement???

R~

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

I'm completely guessing but FX was running commercials for a new series that starts in March so time-wise that fits with running ten episodes. Hopefully, it'll be more like the fall for the second half of the season though.

James Spraggs

Stunt Coordinator
I beleive I read were there were 21 episodes this season and that they would are 10 or eleven in the spring and wrap it up in the fall with the remianing episodes. Would probaly be enought episodes then to get it into syndication.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Well I have to say that episode is so much better than anything in Season 4. I agree Tina is playing everyone and there is something going on there. Anyone else just feel like an underlining creepiness too the whole episode? I fear the end for Mackey!!! Great show, I just wish there wouldn't be any breaks in this season!!! Battlestar had too big a break for me personally.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The betting board candidates:

Vic 8
Shane 4
Gilroy's Liver
Lem 5
Dutchboy 1
Monica Rawlings 3
Happy Turkey Baster 13
Ronnie 1
Dirty Toilet Seat 6
K-9 Unit 5
Pearl Rabbit 9
Rockford 2
Buff 3

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
I already love to hate Cavanaugh. By the end of the season Vic will make him feel sorry that he was ever born, let alone having ever joined the police force.

So far it seems we have just seen Cavanaugh mostly at some non-descript locations. Is he even really IA or something else?

Brian.L

Supporting Actor
Great episode. Probably better than most of last season. It was nice to see some of the intensity back, and the Barn all working different angles on the one case, like in earlier seasons. By dredging up the Terry thing from the pilot episode, it really does feel like they're setting this up to be the end...here's hoping they can go out strong.

Re: Ghost Dog, I'm still in the undecided camp. I get the creepy thing he's going for, but in that first scene with Acaveda it he really seemed to be overacting. We'll see.

And anyone else notice that Shane stole that guy's iPod! ha

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Good opener.

I found Whittaker's performance to be
quite creepy and over-the-top -- but that
may work out in the show's favor.

And Danny pregnant? Why did they opt to
do that to her -- or is the actress really
pregnant?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well, that answers that question.

Thanks, Pat!

It just didn't make sense for her to be
pregnant in the story. It was totally out
of place as her character was never involved
in a relationship nor was her pregnancy
announced in the prior season.

I sort of expected the actress was pregnant
and they had to deal with that factor.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
So anybody care to speculate who the babies father is.... Teehee.. But we don't have to put in 25$ lol.........

This kind of sucks knowning the end is near for the show....... It has been a great run so far.....

Does anybody else remember seeing the first trailer for the show when it was originally going to be called "Rampart"? Then they changed the name to "The Shield"...

One more thing I forgot to mention. What do you think is wrong with CCH Pounder's character? She was taking quite a few pills...

R~

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I would second on the cancer. I believe the first name of the show was The Barn. The Pregancy thing was a little weird I thought and I jsut assumed she was in real life anyways. I put my money on Dutch to be the father! And whoever put their money on Ronnie to be the father, what!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks