What's new

The Ropers and Three's a Crowd (1 Viewer)

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I remain hopeful these two spin-offs of Three's Company will be given separate DVD releases.

I know two episodes of The Ropers are included in the present Three's Company syndicated package: the first series premiere "Moving On" (March 13, 1979) and the season 2 premiere "The Party" (September 15, 1979); it is the latter, which in the syndicated package is also titled "Stanley, the Ladies' Man," that also features TC regulars John Ritter, Joyce DeWitt and Suzanne Somers as guests. However, these two could have also wound up in the Three's Company complete series DVD box set as a sneak peek.

Thus, I also ask: did the syndicated reruns of these two Ropers episodes keep their original opening and closing credits in recent years? I do remember on TV Land that these were re-ran using the TC opening and closing themes, although the original end credits were retained (but using the TC end theme).

~Ben

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I recall on Antenna-TV when they were airing Three's Company, that when that series finished they continued with all of The Ropers episodes and then all of the Three's a Crowd episodes and they did that for at least two go arounds, with the original credits.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I remain hopeful these two spin-offs of Three's Company will be given separate DVD releases.

I know two episodes of The Ropers are included in the present Three's Company syndicated package: the first series premiere "Moving On" (March 13, 1979) and the season 2 premiere "The Party" (September 15, 1979); it is the latter, which in the syndicated package is also titled "Stanley, the Ladies' Man," that also features TC regulars John Ritter, Joyce DeWitt and Suzanne Somers as guests. However, these two could have also wound up in the Three's Company complete series DVD box set as a sneak peek.

Thus, I also ask: did the syndicated reruns of these two Ropers episodes keep their original opening and closing credits in recent years? I do remember on TV Land that these were re-ran using the TC opening and closing themes, although the original end credits were retained (but using the TC end theme).

~Ben
Threes Company has been out of print for a few years so maybe if some one reissues the series they might pick these two up.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
I too wish to see "The Ropers" and "Three's A Crowd" released. My recollection is that the two episodes that were syndicated along with "Three's Company" had the "Three's Company" opening, and the original closing with the "Three's Company" theme dubbed over it -- and those two stayed that way during recent repeats.

The rest of those episodes were added to "Three's Company " some time later in the 1980s, but "The Ropers" was retitled "Three's Company's Friends The Ropers," and "Three's A Crowd" was retitled "Three's Company, Too." Both had a revised version of the show opening with an instrumental version of the "Three's Company" theme dubbed on.

("Three's A Crowd" was repeated previously on USA Network under its original title.)

Both series ran under their original titles with the original openings in recent years. But I believe the two "Ropers" episodes in question still aired as "Three's Company" episodes.

Also, I remember that in Chicago, by the late 1990s our local Channel 32 was no longer running "The Ropers" and "Three's A Crowd" as part of the "Three's Company" rotation. (But the two episodes shown under "Three's Company" were still included). I'm not sure when they stopped.

Last edited:

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I too wish to see "The Ropers" and "Three's A Crowd" released. My recollection is that the two episodes that were syndicated along with "Three's Company" had the "Three's Company" opening, and the original closing with the "Three's Company" theme dubbed over it -- and those two stayed that way during recent repeats.

The rest of those episodes were added to "Three's Company " some time later in the 1980s, but "The Ropers" was retitled "Three's Company's Friends The Ropers," and "Three's A Crowd" was retitled "Three's Company, Too." Both had a revised version of the show opening with an instrumental version of the "Three's Company" theme dubbed on.

("Three's A Crowd" was repeated previously on USA Network under its original title.)

Both series ran under their original titles with the original openings in recent years. But I believe the two "Ropers" episodes in question still aired as "Three's Company" episodes.

Also, I remember that in Chicago, by the late 1990s our local Channel 32 was no longer running "The Ropers" and "Three's A Crowd" as part of the "Three's Company" rotation. (But the two episodes shown under "Three's Company" were still included). I'm not sure when they stopped.
I think the other Ropers episode (the one with John, Joyce and Suzanne), that aired four days after TC's 4th season premiere, kept the original closing credits but with the TC S4/S5 closing theme.

~Ben

Mark Y

Screenwriter
I think the other Ropers episode (the one with John, Joyce and Suzanne), that aired four days after TC's 4th season premiere, kept the original closing credits but with the TC S4/S5 closing theme.

~Ben

That's what I remember as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks