What's new

the plunge: jbl nsp-1 and pb10... (1 Viewer)

Talal

Stunt Coordinator
I'm on a TIGHT budget, so right now, I'm thinking of the JBL nsp-1 set with a pb10 sub.

this comes around to about $450-$500 shipped for me.

Does this sound like a worthy purchase, or can I do better?

As for the receiver, I'm leaning towards a Pioneer VSX-D850S, for about $350.

I'm a newbie, and this is my first HT experience, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the input,

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brian E

Screenwriter
I'm pretty new when it comes to hardware, so I can't really offer any advice. Just thought I'd say that in case you don't know Best Buy carries the JBL's so if there's one near you, you can look and listen to them there.

Joe Greca

Stunt Coordinator
Just do a search for the NSP-1 and you'll find a lot of satisfied customers here. People say they're a great value. Mine just came a few days ago and I haven't had a chance to set them up yet. As far as the PB10 goes; I own it, its great, I've never had any problems, but a lot of people have reported problems with it so I don't know...

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Some of us here (myself included!) on the HTF picked up this set earlier this month from www.buy.com for $229.95 shipped!
Link Removed
It's now listed at $279.95 - still a pretty good deal.
But www.jandr.com has the JBL NSP-1 set for $249.95 w/ free shipping...so they might be your best bet right now.
http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage.p...=t#ShipInfoTop
I have had nothing but good transcations with jandr and 1 good one with buy.com with my JBL order.
I'm not sure where to get a good price on the SUB though...maybe someone will chime in here and help out.
Good luck...

Talal

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I was going to get the speakers and sub from jandr, but what I want to know is what people think of the receiver paired with the jbls.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Pioneer VSX-D850S . . . want to know is what people think of the receiver paired with the jbls.
Should be A-OK! :emoji_thumbsup: based on Link Removed.
Once you get your entire setup, REF Calibrate* the whole HT setup to experience super wide dynamic Cinema Theater sound!
*Using the Radio Shack Analog SPL Meter and either the internal test signal or Video Essentials / AVIA DVD.
Phil

Greg Br

Second Unit
Talal,

Its a solid package that will make a newbie very happy. I would get the PB12 though as listening to the two I think there is $50 in difference.

Talal

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks alot to all who helped...

I just might consider the pb12, and will definitely go for the calibration...

Joe Greca

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah looking back on it, I really wish I had picked up the PB12 instead of the PB10. You won't regret it... I'm actually waiting for the Onkyo 600 so my NSP1 is just sitting in the box... :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks