What's new

The Playboy Club - season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
A little surprised, only because I thought the Charlie's Angels would be the first cancellation of this season, after hearing how much of a turd that show is.

I guess the boss of the club could not come up with any mathematical algorithm to save this show against the combined forces of the other 2 shows.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Cancelled? Wow, I thought the NBC boss was giving it a chance. I thought it was mindless guilty pleasure. It's not badly done, but it was up against some tough established competition. I wont miss it, but I thought it might have at least a few more episodes. I wonder if that guy can go back to CSI MIami? :) i think this was the only NBC show I was watching this season and I was watching via the iPad app.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The audience started out very low (5 million or so) and kept shrinking with every episode (only 3.4 million last night). I think if it had maintained its first week numbers, they would have kept it longer.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Even with the eye candy factor, I can't say I'm going to miss it. The drama - especially of this last episode - was pretty tepid. And the novelty of seeing current pop stars dressed up as vintage pop stars (e.g. Colbie Caillat as Lesley Gore) died long ago with NBC's other show, "American Dreams."

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Bummer!!!!! I really liked this show and was beginning to get into it better. *sigh* Oh, well....that's show biz. :confused:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Supposedly, they're continuing to shoot the full 13 eps, either for broadcast on another network or, presumably, for the home video release. So for those that have enjoyed the show, there should be more episodes available at some point in the future.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Hmm...I wonder what other channel would possibly want to air this...

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
You know, I hope those episodes get aired, just to stick it to the Parental Television Council.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Patrick_S said:
I find this series to be mildly entertaining so far. The second episode was better and while I know some people find the singing productions distracting I must say they can have Laura Benanti do a production number every episode if they want. The one she did in the second epsiode was very entertaining.
I have to say, this was the best part of the show. Maybe she can show up on Glee. It is nice to have musicals making a comeback, even in this limited kind of format.

filthybass

Auditioning
Real Name
Jackson James
Maybe I was one of the few that actually didn't want this show to be cancelled?! I'm not saying I was so intrigued by it but it would have been fun to see how it ended up. I would never go out of my way to watch it but it was nice having it on my Comcast On Demand.... :) Oh well... :eek:

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
Does anyone know if the four 'unaired' episodes actually aired in any other countries? I remember there was talk of alternate versions for overseas sales. Hoping to find a network's website that is streaming them online.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks