What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The One...The Only...JAWS (2 Viewers)

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jaws in 3D has been extended another week in theaters.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Jaws in 3D has been extended another week in theaters.
Expanding, too, apparently as it's finally coming to a theater nearer to me. Though they're using the poster for Jaws 3 on their web site. Hope that doesn't discourage people thinking it's that film that's being shown.

1662597333486.png

EDIT: I had to send the theater an email asking them to clarify which film they're showing. I can't believe they'd end up showing Jaws 3, but everything on their web site seems to be from that film, including listing the cast in the schedule as Dennis Quaid and Bess Armstrong. It's almost an hour's drive, so I want to be sure before I make the trip.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I was going to say you should email them.

Did you get a response?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Pretty hard nowadays to get through to anyone at a movie theater.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They're pretty good about replying to email. I've sent a couple in the past and always got a prompt response.

In fact, they've already replied:

Yikes! We better fix that. Thanks!

Yes, 1975 Jaws. But in 3D.
Whew! :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Heh, they had everything fixed up on their web site by this morning. :) I think I'm going on Saturday.

1662651641106.png

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This was wonderful! This was my first time seeing Jaws in any theater on the big screen, and it was in 3D! My favorite was the scenes shot at water level. I thought the ocean was going to come pouring into the theater as it seemed like you could reach out and touch the waves lapping at the edges of the screen. I thought Bruce looked pretty damn good on the big screen, even for FX that are closing in on 50 years old.

And though I've seen this film numerous times, Ben Gardner's head still made me jump in my seat. :laugh:

Sadly only 7-8 people in my show, in a theater that can hold nearly 350. Though this was the first matinee of the day at Noon which can be pretty slow on Saturday mornings.

Bonus that we had 3D trailers for Avatar 2 and Black Panther 2, though neither of those looked that interesting. Also had a trailer for Dungeons & Dragons that looked like it might be fun.

Double bonus that when I was buying the ticket at the box office, we discovered I had enough points on my theater rewards card for a free ticket. So I saved $12.50 and saw the film for free (or for just the cost of concessions, I did spend $10.50 on popcorn and a drink). :D

Last edited:

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Sadly only 7-8 people in my show, in a theater that can hold nearly 350. Though this was the first matinee of the day at Noon which can be pretty slow on Saturday mornings.

This was never going to get a huge turnout but the fact that the engagement was extended an additional week would indicate that the first weekend did better than expected. When I went it wasn’t a full house, but a fair amount of people.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
This was wonderful! This was my first time seeing Jaws in any theater on the big screen, and it was in 3D! My favorite was the scenes shot at water level. I thought the ocean was going to come pouring into the theater as it seemed like you could reach out and touch the waves lapping at the edges of the screen.

Yes especially apparent in the Chrissie attack. I specifically noted the same thing in my assessment

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
After missing half the movie last week due to a bomb threat, I went back yesterday.

Watched it from the beginning, of course - and went IMAX this time, not 3D.

Woulda liked 3D but the showtimes just weren't practical.

Such a great movie! Really shoulda won BP - "Cuckoo's Nest" was good but "Jaws" was better!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
This was never going to get a huge turnout but the fact that the engagement was extended an additional week would indicate that the first weekend did better than expected. When I went it wasn’t a full house, but a fair amount of people.

About a dozen of us IMAX in Eatontown NJ yesterday at 2PM!

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
After missing half the movie last week due to a bomb threat, I went back yesterday.

Watched it from the beginning, of course - and went IMAX this time, not 3D.

Woulda liked 3D but the showtimes just weren't practical.

Such a great movie! Really shoulda won BP - "Cuckoo's Nest" was good but "Jaws" was better!
An argument can be made about Jaws being more worthy for best picture. Cuckoos Nest has some great scenes, but also scenes that drag a bit. No down time in Jaws.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Seeing Jaws for the fourth time, 2nd in 3D. Last time probably for a long time in a theater.Hopefully it will be back for the 50th anniversary.

Btw asked the AMC manager if I could have the JAWS IMAX poster and he said they are not allowed to give it to customers and they are usually raffled off for employees.

I filled out an application ;)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Seeing Jaws for the fourth time, 2nd in 3D. Last time probably for a long time in a theater.Hopefully it will be back for the 50th anniversary.

Btw asked the AMC manager if I could have the JAWS IMAX poster and he said they are not allowed to give it to customers and they are usually raffled off for employees.

I filled out an application ;)

My local AMC has a Minions foosball table. I was tempted to ask but figured it was 100% an employee claimed it!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
BTW, I thought it was interesting that one line in particular gets a different reaction now than it did in 1975 - or 1979, etc.

When Brody proposes that he and Hooper cut open the tiger shark, Ellen asks if he can do that.

Brody replies "I can do anything - I'm the chief of police".

Laugh line for years, but it got nary a chuckle at my 2 screenings.

I think the various abuses of power by bad apples in various police departments made that line come off way differently than it did originally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks