What's new

***The Official Omnibus Consolidated IS WARNER ABANDONING SNAPPER CASES? Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Snapper cases along with the variations available allow for more graphic designs (fold outs, triple foldouts, slip cases etc.). Plastic boxes with a simple two page cover insert are... well, limited. In any case the Snapper ain't going anywhere soon.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Warner Home Video's existing contracts with WAMO/Ivy Hill will go along with the company itself -- and if they specify that the snapper case is to be used exclusively for some number of years.
I am pretty sure this will be a case. It would not make sense for another company to buy Ivy Hill only to see their main customer (Warner) use a different packaging medium. Talk about a dumb business decision, ensuring almost instant company failure. What will probably be the case is that Warner will sell off the company to get some cash in hand and also agree to an exclusive Snapper contract of some sort (at reduced prices of course, great for a company in financial trouble). If anything, I see this possilbe move marrying Warner to the snapper as much or even more then before.

J

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I'm with Edwin-S and Peter Kline: it would be a black day, IMO, if the snapper would disappear. But actually I'm pretty sure it won't.

Cees

James Reader

Screenwriter
See this link to DC-DVD - Discountinued

Apparently a member of the UK based DVDForums emailed asking when they would be back in stock and DC-DVD replied that the factory no longer makes Snapper cases.

Is this the end of the much hated snapper case? (personally I rather liked them :))

Mods, could someone edit the title in include a question mark at the end please

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
SHE'S A SNAPPER!!!

Oh sorry...wrong thread.

BTW wasn't this covered in another thread recently?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
James,

I added your ? and like to point out this thread. I'm not merging them, because the actual content is about two different things, which might become confusing if merged.

Nor do I repeat my own opinion of the Snapper. :)

Cees

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
According to this article AOL/Time-Warner is selling off their DVD/CD manufacturing business. Since they will no longer have a financial interest, perhaps this clears the way for the company to stop using the snapper. Could be that Matrix Reloaded keepcase is no fluke after all...

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
I hope they drop the cardboard cases. I always feel I have to treat them SO gently, and they stick out funny on my shelves. HAVE THEM BANNED!!!! :D

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
The plastic "SNAPPER" on the end always catches on other dvds whenever i pull them out from the shelf, and because of this my MATRIX dvd is about ready to fall apart. :frowning:

Heres hoping that snappers go the way of the dodo! :emoji_thumbsup:

Joel C

Screenwriter
I like the artwork of the snappers, and the cases don't bother me except for the way they stick to one another when shelves are fully packed.

I'll kind of miss them, though it will be nice to have a uniform collection (well, except for the 75 or so snappers I already have).

RaghuB

Auditioning
As part of the deal, Warner Home Video and all its affiliates (New Line, etc.) have signed a long-term supply deal with Cinram. At this point, it is not clear if the snapper case is necessarily history.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It could kill it, certainly some fall titles in keepcases are a good sign, whether it be because they're distro/demanding creator deals or not, I really hope there's light at the end of the tunnel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks