What's new

The Official HTF Cat Thread (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It was a great moment to discover just how important that warm spot was to Kringle. We put out heating pads for our cats, so he had other options. But that spot was his and he really missed it. Kringle really did express his gratitude and I loved him even more for it.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Steve, I've got a Siamese that looks almost identical to Sami. Got a brother/sister pair from a friend, sadly the brother died of unknown problems at about four years old, but his sister is doing fine. Got a Black Lab puppy when she was eight weeks old, thinking that with her small size at the time, the cat and dog would bond and get along together. Never happened. The cat "tolerates" the dog. I can actually go down into my basement and they will both stand at the top of the steps, the cat literally covered by the dog, standing between her legs, so they could be buddies, but it has never happened. I guess cats just have their own attitude and do their own thing. She's alive, food is being eaten and the litter box gets used, but I only see her two or three times a week. Very independent and has found her own comfort spots in the house. Weird situation but I still love and care for her.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
401ca3b5_h8E66BE70.gif

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

Came home from work the other day to these two looking like bookends. Zoe on the right is the mother of Sam's 2 kitties, Schultz and Simone (formerly Fatty and Chin). The other one is Toby or "the ghost" as I refer to him because unless you live here you will never see him.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Spooky! Any chance the daddy may have had some siamese in him? Simone and Shultz are growing more distinctively different all the time, Shultz looks like a normal mutt tom but Simone is looking very angular faced, like a Siamese....

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Hey Sam! Zoe has that same angular face structure as well so it may well be from mom. I'm pretty sure the father was a black and white Tom of mixed heritage..... Incidentally, Zoe goes to vet tomorrow to prevent further litters!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Waaah, hope they get the old pix working again! =)

Cool Chris, thanks. They look very similar in many ways but different coats and face structure for sure. Both finished their shots and now we are just counting down to the big snip snip clip clip for em =) hope Zoe did well!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Toddler niece is visiting. Dash has run off to a hidey-hole. Mango was investigating, intrigued by the strange, tiny human, but also quite unsure of it. It's going to take a few more days, but hopefully all will be well.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Unbelievable, I posted earlier today on the dog thread about my cat never going outside since I got a black lab.

It's almost like she is psychic and decided to prove me wrong. Hasn't left the house in almost four years, yet a couple of hours later, I saw her in my back yard. Thought at first it was a ferret or large squirrel, couldn't possibly be my cat, but it was her. Just crouched in the grass, probably trying to catch a bird or some other creature.

It's nice that she's finally venturing out into the world. Fenced back yard so I doubt she could go anywhere, but good for her to get out, chase bugs, just chill in the grass.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I think my cat Marcy wants to go backpacking cause when I let her in my gear room, he goes up to my Gregory Reality and tries to snuggle with the lining in the back..

It is definitely bird/chipmunk/squirrel season! My cats will follow a chipmunk from side to side following them through the windows...
Jay

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Well my darling Siamese cat, front paws declawed (I know it's awful, please no lectures), who hasn't stepped foot out of the house in four years has now started traveling the neighborhood. She can't climb my fence, but I know she can climb trees so I think that's how she's getting out of the yard now.

She disappeared for a few hours the first day she went out, then yesterday decided not to come home at all. I searched the house, took a flashlight and checked the neighbors yards, everywhere I thought she might be, but nothing. She finally showed up at my front door about 6:00 a.m. I had gone on another search and was calling for her, finally gave up but then heard her meowing, thought she was actually trapped in a cupboard, which she's done before, but kept calling and finally tracked her down on the front porch. Thankfully she apparently knows where she lives and doesn't seem to get lost anywhere.

Why this sudden personality switch, I have no idea. Guess I'll be babysitting her a little more to make sure she doesn't wander.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks